• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Incredible Hulk #1

18 posts in this topic

Slab? Why? That is at best a 1.8 and possibly 1.5.

Would you slab it to sell? I just don;t get slabbing anything in that

condition IMHO.

Can't really argue with that.

This sounds right to me. Restoring the book would require extensive restoration, but is worth it IMO. The book would be better off preserved.

Just recently picked this issue up at a decent price. Its low grade with rips, chipping etc. Is this worth slabbing and what grade would it get?

hulk1954.jpghulk1955.jpg

Leave raw, unrestored in my opinion. SA doesn't need resto. Leave that for GA. Book looks like a nice 2.0 from the FC, but that chunk off the BC would drop it to a 1.5 with good FC appeal :)

If you restore it, my guess is that it would only need Mod (P) done by filling in the marvel chips and that large POBC and a clean and press...reinforcement if the cover is loose..not too much work needed..

Great pick up. My 2nd favorite marvel key behind FF 1.

Just recently picked this issue up at a decent price. Its low grade with rips, chipping etc. Is this worth slabbing and what grade would it get?

hulk1954.jpghulk1955.jpg

Leave raw, unrestored in my opinion. SA doesn't need resto. Leave that for GA. Book looks like a nice 2.0 from the FC, but that chunk off the BC would drop it to a 1.5 with good FC appeal :)

If you restore it, my guess is that it would only need Mod (P) done by filling in the marvel chips and that large POBC and a clean and press...reinforcement if the cover is loose..not too much work needed..

Great pick up. My 2nd favorite marvel key behind FF 1.

Depending upon the payment price, this book is getting

( 1.8 ) $900

( 1.5 ) $825

( 1.0 ) $657

in the lower grades. I would say do the math and if it is worth it...slab it.

My best guess on the grade would be 1.0/1.5.

I'm afraid that big chunk missing on the back cover might bring it down to 1.0. However, the front cover still displays nicely.One of my favorite comics of all-time!

And I wouldn't even consider getting a book like that restored. Way too much needs to be done to it just to bring it up to mid grade. Extensive work like that is not reversable, and the book will carry the stigma of restoration for the rest of its life.

Awesome book that I would be proud to own!