• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOM 175 Cover Questions

2 posts in this topic

Hi All :hi:

I've been pondering taking the plunge into OA. I'm a complete noob in the OA market. I've done a little reading on this forum and comicartfans but that's the extent of my experience.

I would love to own an Adams cover. Actually there are very few things outside of Adams art that I would consider worth the money given how expensive OA seems to be.

Can someone tell me what this means "This cover scene was drawn on a separate 10" x 10.5" sheet of paper, and the rest of the cover has since been re-created; otherwise, the art is in Very Good condition." This is in the description on Heritage. Does this mean that this is the original art that Neal drew for the cover but everything else like the title and all is a recreation? If so, how does this affect the value? The cover is coming up for sale in their next auction.

Also, any estimates on what an Adams cover of this caliber would command at auction? It seems like there are some huge discrepancies in Adams cover prices judging by the market data on CAF.

It means everything above the actual art is not the original logo stat from 1969. The original stat probably fell off at some point and a newly made one was added on in the last few years by the owner to give it more eye appeal. I don't think it affects the value at all.

I like these old HOM covers too. I'm thinking in the 9-11k range. Just a guess. I've seen one go for 15k cash, and that was years ago, but it was nicer IMHO.

I've got some nice Adams pieces in my CAF. Link is below so come check it out.

Scott Williams