• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somewhat OT about Marketplace area

7 posts in this topic

I have a post in the OA Marketplace where I'm selling some stuff and something weird has happened to the thread. For some reason, I can only edit my latest post in the thread. Can't delete the thread. Can't update prices, etc. Just wondering if only the last post in a thread is editable, since I've never had the issue before.

I wanted to list some new stuff, pull some sold stuff, etc. Seemed like starting a new thread was dumb.

Anybody know the best way to proceed?

-e.

You could make a post saying the thread is closed and let it drop off after 12days or so. I don't think the OA selling forum is so busy that people are vying for front page real estate. Then just start e new thread with whatever modifications you have.

Or just make a post in the thread you already have started. Anyone that can't figure out that you have made adjustments in the last post is probably too dumb to be dealt with anyway.

either way serves the same purpose.

But I'm no Mod, so this is all just my 2c (and that and $899.98 would have got me that sweet Scarecrow cover :( )

Assuming you want to update the thread, perhaps to change prices or mark sold items or add items, just add an updated list of what hasn't sold with new prices if desired. Sellers often post a list of unsold items when the number of pages in a thread gets long rather than making buyers scroll back and forth. Buyers will appreciate the updated list and you can then edit the updated list for 3 days and continue to add items for sale.