• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, I don't get it

9 posts in this topic

End of year madness has started.

Here's a new "Featured" listing:

X-men vol.1 number 1 CGC 9.0

But this book was just purchased in November:

The X-men #1 (1963) CGC 9.0 VF/NM mod.(P)

And he was the sole bidder at $2,599.00

Now, if he can "borrow" the first phrase from the first auction, why didn't he take the good scan?

And what kind of money could he be expecting on the flip?

Must be the thought of all those egg-nog cups insane.gif

Larry

(P) is for Professional resto and (A) is for Amateur resto.

Agreed, but I do seem to recall hearing/reading somewhere that the distinction between P and A, or at least part of the distinction, was that P work could be safely 'undone' ?

(P) is for Professional resto and (A) is for Amateur resto.

Agreed, but I do seem to recall hearing/reading somewhere that the distinction between P and A, or at least part of the distinction, was that P work could be safely 'undone' ?

Everyone's correct, but CGC takes no (P) versus (A) stance with regards to trimming. If a book has ONLY trimming, they don't even put (P) or (A) on there at all, just the "Apparent" grade with a restored label color.

My understanding is the distinction between P ans A concerns the quality of materials used. Professional restoration does not mean (necessarily) that the work has been done by a pro, but that the appropriate professional level materials have been used in the process.

That being the case, there can be no real distinction in the case of trimming.