• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Another cool cover from my fav Golden  Age hero. It has great colour and eye appeal for a low grade . Just trying to pick up books I can afford and enjoy. 

41DCF200-ECBF-4BA9-B9BB-25586915F40B.jpeg

That is a great looking 2.0! Congratulations!

:applause:

6 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Sometimes it pays to surf around I can’t believe my luck . This is a very tough book to find . Low grade some tape on spine . Honestly don’t care ! Stoked to find this one4BB335FA-3DD9-41B6-A443-13A44E352452.thumb.jpeg.ca6970ed38f9b0639691b4c22c7ac727.jpeg

Sub-Mariner Comics # 27 Timely 1948

461FB230-1887-4C56-A5F5-4A2FC2DACBBB.png

Subby 27 was my first golden age Timely issue.  I was shocked to see it at my LCS and couldn’t get my wallet fast enough to buy.  It was a real beater but it was a Timely Everett Subby!  Congrats and enjoy.

Wow just stunning . I could never afford such books but find them inspiring to continue hunting my own runs. I remember years ago on Metropolis web site having a “ D” copy Sub-Mariner 32. It was highest ever graded and cost a pretty penny back then , I think it was $ 7500.00 USD over 10 years ago . Such a pleasure to see these high grade books . 

34 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Wow just stunning . I could never afford such books but find them inspiring to continue hunting my own runs. I remember years ago on Metropolis web site having a “ D” copy Sub-Mariner 32. It was highest ever graded and cost a pretty penny back then , I think it was $ 7500.00 USD over 10 years ago . Such a pleasure to see these high grade books . 

Thanks!  Subby 32 is my favourite issue, i have the Okajima copy its a 8.5.  It’s passed thru the hands of several boardies over the years @adamstrange

@MrBedrock 

53 minutes ago, podboy66 said:

Afternoon coffee break...

The CF is detached on the 6, looks much nicer than the grade

3CD5D4C5-DD5B-48F5-877A-46D24E22022F.jpeg

5998441A-F148-4ABB-9F8F-F91E5633EAAE.jpeg

Both are beautiful! The #6 is the only Sub-Mariner I've never owned at one time or another. I should rectify that.hm

Sub-Mariner 5 was in my LCS years ago . They had cgc issue 2 at 2.5 or raw number 5. I chose the number two and never ever did find # 5 again . This was around 2008. I paid 250.00 Canadian for # 2 I believe issue 5 was less. Oh those were the times . You could look up on the back wall see silver age classics all over the place . How times have changed . I love the hunt as well it just requires more patience and timing 

Edited by Subby1938

1 hour ago, podboy66 said:

Thanks!  Subby 32 is my favourite issue, i have the Okajima copy its a 8.5.  It’s passed thru the hands of several boardies over the years @adamstrange

@MrBedrock 

:cry: