• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

First off, I would like to give a big shout out of kudos to Steve Carey for working with me on this book. First class all the way. This book is going from one very good home to another, but you already knew that. Thanks again. (thumbs u

:cloud9:

(and thank you Dennis for that Larson I rec'd in return :banana: )

Larson Prize 4 (classic robot cover - I'll post a scan later today in the Have a Cigar thread).

And no, we didn't trade straight up (I'm not quite that senile yet) as there were other considerations - you know, the deed to his house, naming his next kid after me, etc. :grin:

First off, I would like to give a big shout out of kudos to Steve Carey for working with me on this book. First class all the way. This book is going from one very good home to another, but you already knew that. Thanks again. (thumbs u

A few of my fellow forumites have recently had the opportunity to see this book live and in person. Those of you that have... you know why I am "giddy like a school girl" right now. This book is sizzlin', an absolute smoker.

Chicago copy, properly coded on the inside margin of the 16th page and all: :acclaim::cloud9:

MMC29Chicago003.jpg

mm28.jpg

Johnny, how long you reckon it's been since these two bad boys were back to back in a short box? i hope they're happy again.

A few of my fellow forumites have recently had the opportunity to see this book live and in person. Those of you that have... you know why I am "giddy like a school girl" right now. This book is sizzlin', an absolute smoker.

Chicago copy, properly coded on the inside margin of the 16th page and all: :acclaim::cloud9:

MMC29Chicago003.jpg

mm28.jpg

Johnny, how long you reckon it's been since these two bad boys were back to back in a short box? i hope they're happy again.

:cloud9: Always nice when old friends reunite!

Sweet Chicago MMC's!!!! :applause:

(worship) 28 & 29 definitely go together. Awesome.

now that you say that, i think it's the same girl. man, i hate when that kinda stuff happens to me in consecutive months.

MMC29Chicago003.jpg

:o(worship) What an amazing looking copy, Dennis. Huge congrats to you, brother :applause:

Angelo

New Timelys just back from CGC. To say I am happy is very much an understatement....

daring4.jpg

Got this book many moons ago from sacentaur. The Schomburg cover is awesome!

daring6.jpg

This was one of the last issues I needed to complete the run. In 1993 I did a trade with Stephen at Metropolis for a Forbidden Planet one sheet I had hanging on the living room wall. I think even now, they are valued about the same.

daring8.jpg

This is one of those books that the number grade really doesn't do justice. It has three small water drop stains on the back cover. Oh well, it looks amazing! One of the few non-Captain America Simon and Kirby covers. Interesting logo and color combo. And a killer line-up of obscure Timely characters. I don't care what anyone says, Daring 7 and 8 are great books!

Wow!! I don't like many Timely's, but I sure like Daring Mystery! And that one's a beaut!!

What did sacentaur possibly get in return for that?? It better not have just been cash....

I might have thrown in a hug.

New Timelys just back from CGC. To say I am happy is very much an understatement....

daring4.jpg

Got this book many moons ago from sacentaur. The Schomburg cover is awesome!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

usa1.jpg

Another S&K book. Got this from Harley at a Chicago-Con in the mid-90's. I saw it sitting behind his table.

"Harley, is that for sale?"

"Yeah, two thousand."

"I'll take it!"

"Um, Um, Oh okay..."