• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

This one's restored.

MarvelMystery1.jpg

WHOA, Collectron ... you've got the ones that count!!! Fantastic MARVEL #1 Man!! Awesome books!!

Thats a great looking #9 too (I love the to/from inscription) ... really nice books you've been posting up here lately! :applause:

and the primary influence was who? :baiting:

let it be known, my first Timely purchase was one of Parker's "throw aways" I Think it was like a VF MMC #74 hm

he's right; it's the one third from the left, third row from the bottom. the cosmic aeroplane now flies in that spot [thanks Jimmy].

mmc.jpg

Looks pretty messy. I'd be happy to drop by and clean up so that you don't get in trouble with the missus. :whistle:

and the primary influence was who? :baiting:

let it be known, my first Timely purchase was one of Parker's "throw aways" I Think it was like a VF MMC #74 hm

he's right; it's the one third from the left, third row from the bottom. the cosmic aeroplane now flies in that spot [thanks Jimmy].

mmc.jpg

Looks pretty messy. I'd be happy to drop by and clean up so that you don't get in trouble with the missus. :whistle:

I just wish he had of figured out the "flash" on the camera :kidaround:

yeah, i'm bad with the camera. found a timely group shot without much glare, albeit a smaller group. all of the "all" titled books with a superhero appearance in the run [no 'all surprise' therefore]. hardest book: all teen 20, which is really all winners 20, hence there is no all winners 20.

all.jpg

yeah, i'm bad with the camera. found a timely group shot without much glare, albeit a smaller group. all of the "all" titled books with a superhero appearance in the run [no 'all surprise' therefore]. hardest book: all teen 20, which is really all winners 20, hence there is no all winners 20.

all.jpg

I like them "all"....

all.jpg

That's a great group shot!

all.jpg

That's a great group shot!

every group shot parker takes is great

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

(worship):cloud9:

I need to get a reprint of that.

Have you seen the German reprint? Not only is the text in German, but the swastikas are covered over as pluses in boxes to comply with German law regarding nazi symbols.

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

Have you seen the German reprint? Not only is the text in German, but the swastikas are covered over as pluses in boxes to comply with German law regarding nazi symbols.

Happy Birthday szelim! :applause:

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

Yeah I have. Is that the only reprint of this book?

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

There is a two volume hardback set that came in a slipcase. It was issued in the 1990's and covers the first ten issues of Captain America. It is called "Captain America The Classic Years". Very cool set, has covers and complete stories. No ads. I received one as a birthday present many years ago.

Edited by ciorac

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

There is a two volume hardback set that came in a slipcase. It was issued in the 1990's and covers the first ten issues of Captain America. It is called "Captain America The Classic Years". Very cool set, has covers and complete stories. No ads. I received one as a birthday present many years ago.

I had it too, but can't locate these days

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

Still have mine. :cloud9: It was upstairs on the west end of the house, so it survived the hurricane.

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

Still have mine. :cloud9: It was upstairs on the west end of the house, so it survived the hurricane.

must be nice to have a house with "wings"

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

hmmm. i was under the impression even the books on the other side of the house survived Katrina.

This one's restored too.

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

hmmm. i was under the impression even the books on the other side of the house survived Katrina.

Obviously all the photos did!