• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,069 posts in this topic

I know I'm not supposed to count my chickens before they hatch but this book will be on it's way any day now...I've wanted a Lloyd Jacquet book ever since I heard about the collection. A little piece of history. For those who don't know he was the publisher responsible for publishing early Timely books from Marvel Comics #1 onwards. Kind of a big deal if you know what I mean.

R.

SubMarinerComics18CGC8-5LloydJacque.jpg

Roy I use to own it before I sold it to Jive, great book. :applause:

I know I'm not supposed to count my chickens before they hatch but this book will be on it's way any day now...I've wanted a Lloyd Jacquet book ever since I heard about the collection. A little piece of history. For those who don't know he was the publisher responsible for publishing early Timely books from Marvel Comics #1 onwards. Kind of a big deal if you know what I mean.

R.

Right you are r1970d, don't forget Jacquets' contribution to Sci-Fi, & Super-hero Centaur books also!!! :headbang:

Fabulous copy of one of the better Subby covers!!!! Nice pick-up!!!

R.

Right you are r1970d, don't forget Jacquets' contribution to Sci-Fi, & Super-hero Centaur books also!!! :headbang:

Fabulous copy of one of the better Subby covers!!!! Nice pick-up!!!

Hi Roy,now that you've brought so much attention to my book I am going to have to start a Lloyd Jacquet bidding war,I will now cancel your check and sell it to Goon for 10x the price we agreed on........take care and best wishes,squid.......

Just kidding..........still waiting on the check,I'll let you know when it comes... (thumbs u

:(

I was actually so excited about this book that the first check I sent to him had a typo (or is that a "writo")....

Bro...thanks for being patient.

(worship)

:(

I was actually so excited about this book that the first check I sent to him had a typo (or is that a "writo")....

Bro...thanks for being patient.

(worship)

Let me guess, the decimal point in the amount was one spot to the left.... ;)

The amount written was different from the amount in numbers........2nd time this happened,both from boardies.........I think alot of comic collectors are hammered when they write checks..
lol

The amount written was different from the amount in numbers........2nd time this happened,both from boardies.........I think alot of comic collectors are hammered when they write checks..

That check still valid. The bank only honors the amount that is written out, not what is stated numerically.

The price written was $200 less than the numbers written,it's gotta be void......

I once wrote my dad a check for Twenty Five Hundred Dollars / $250.00 and the bank would have been happy to cash it though I would have been surprised because I only owed him $250.

The price written was $200 less than the numbers written,it's gotta be void......

I once wrote my dad a check for Twenty Five Hundred Dollars / $250.00 and the bank would have been happy to cash it though I would have been surprised because I only owed him $250.

I was about 8 years old when i wrote a "bum" check to Marvel and ordered multiple copies of their hardcovers and softcovers of their TPB's back in the late '70's. Then I forgot all about it until one day we got back from a family vacation and there was a box of books (I'm talking a big box) waiting for me on the front porch.

:blush:

If that was not enough, to add insult to injury they included a refund check because I made a mistake in calculations and "overpaid".

lol

I still have the refund check. I didn't cash it.

;)

Speaking of decimals, I won these first two at the most recent Heritage Signature auction for a total of $1386.20. Heritage declared the customs value at $1,386,200.00, I got a really interesting phone call from my customs broker, asking on what used comic was worth $1,000,000. :o:o Maybe Heritage sent me the AA 16? Lucky for me the customs broker cleared it all up for me.

The Torch is alot nicer than the grade and the Black Knight is a Toronto copy.

ht5cgc40.jpg

blackknight3cgc65.jpg

The Subby is from the last CLink auction, no customs screw-ups on this one. :acclaim:

Now somebody sell me a nice #9, so I can finish the run!

sub1cgc45RcomiclinkFeb2008.jpg

Speaking of decimals, I won these first two at the most recent Heritage Signature auction for a total of $1386.20. Heritage declared the customs value at $1,386,200.00, I got a really interesting phone call from my customs broker, asking on what used comic was worth $1,000,000. :o:o Maybe Heritage sent me the AA 16? Lucky for me the customs broker cleared it all up for me.

The Torch is alot nicer than the grade and the Black Knight is a Toronto copy.

ht5cgc40.jpg

blackknight3cgc65.jpg

The Subby is from the last CLink auction, no customs screw-ups on this one. :acclaim:

Now somebody sell me a nice #9, so I can finish the run!

sub1cgc45RcomiclinkFeb2008.jpg

Wow, talk about a major haul!

I have a question for all of you Timely collectors. I am looking at an early CGC graded 8.5 copy of a Marvel Mystery with white pages. I called for grader's notes and one of the notes was "darkness to interior covers". Is this a common problem with Timely's, and how dark are the interior covers likely to be? With the white page designation, I was surprised to have them tell me this. Can anyone provide a scan of an interior cover that might show this type of tanning/darkness? Thanks.

Ken