• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

well, I was planning on saving this till I had all 10 issues in hand, but I scanned to show a friend, so might as well share with all my friends:

mystic10-1.jpg

you go, geek!

Super cool Mystic Rick!! I can't wait to see that group shot :popcorn:

waiting on one book from cgc, one book from schomy, and one book from payette....then ,group shot time :)

well, I was planning on saving this till I had all 10 issues in hand, but I scanned to show a friend, so might as well share with all my friends:

mystic10-1.jpg

Best cover of the run...Fabulous book, Gator!

...Best cover and possibly the scarcest, Rick's copy is just awesome! (worship)

GE

mystic10-1.jpg

I agree, this book has always been high on my "would like to own some day" list.

Here's one of the 'little brothers' to Rick's copy. Mine's restored, but still a looker! :cloud9:

261825163_688f913d9e_b.jpg

GE

I agree...that copy looks every bit as nice as mine, probably for much less cost... a wise purchase (thumbs u

I sometimes loose site of why I like restored books!

mystic10-1.jpg

GE

i like 2 the best, and 4 is MUCH tougher. but we do agree on gator's being awesome.

mystic10-1.jpg

GE

i like 2 the best, and 4 is MUCH tougher. but we do agree on gator's being awesome.

I agree Billy! #2 is my favorite of the run (thumbs u

mystic10-1.jpg

GE

ronaldo, sometimes a book may not seem the best of the run, but then along can come such a pristine, magnificent, dare i say virtual paragon example of said issue that suddenly it can bedazzle one into thinking it is indeed the best comic in a title. i present just such a case, and in fact the VERY LAST book i needed to fill my global run some time ago. i've been approached by the timely mile highs owner about a swap, but my momma never raised no fool.

the tape serves no purpose whatsoever [and would be better described as "insignificant"], and it's just a scanning anomaly that makes the bottom left corner appear as if it has been burned off by the incinerator on the opposite side. the "42" in the logo is NOT on the book per se, but is written on the slab itself. there's a typo in the label [not "lable" gator]; the paper is actually "white to off-white." i'd send it in to get reslabbed, but can't trust the mails to get it there and back; if gator's detectives were found desirable by some compensated carrier, imagine the temptation this book would stir.

any takers?

RADBB60A2007117_151312.jpg

mystic10-1.jpg

GE

ronaldo, sometimes a book may not seem the best of the run, but then along can come such a pristine, magnificent, dare i say virtual paragon example of said issue that suddenly it can bedazzle one into thinking it is indeed the best comic in a title. i present just such a case, and in fact the VERY LAST book i needed to fill my global run some time ago. i've been approached by the timely mile highs owner about a swap, but my momma never raised no fool.

the tape serves no purpose whatsoever [and would be better described as "insignificant"], and it's just a scanning anomaly that makes the bottom left corner appear as if it has been burned off by the incinerator on the opposite side. the "42" in the logo is NOT on the book per se, but is written on the slab itself. there's a typo in the label [not "lable" gator]; the paper is actually "white to off-white." i'd send it in to get reslabbed, but can't trust the mails to get it there and back; if gator's detectives were found desirable by some compensated carrier, imagine the temptation this book would stir.

any takers?

RADBB60A2007117_151312.jpg

going to post a few with labels (sometimes I type too fast, cuz, unlike a few select folks, I have to work for a living, and don't have time to type carefully lol )

first is billy's former nemesis turned mistress

mystic9-1.jpg

followed by the enlightened proclaimed "toughest " issue

mystic4-1.jpg

I love that cover! I especially like Richie's copy of that book.

Maybe if I go back and re-read the Action # 1 thread again, I can glean a few pointers on how to best defraud Mr. Evans out of his copy and rationalize the whole sordid affair away with a clear conscience. (thumbs u