• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,077 posts in this topic

Two threads for the price of one (I hit the duck thread with this pic too)

. ducks.jpg

All my Timely/Atlas Duck books... most are not shown in Gerber either. smile.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I had no idea there were that many Atlas duck books.

Thanks Norinn,

I've be after this issue since I saw a the two page splash for the issue in the Thompson's "All in Color for a Dime" about ten years ago.

893whatthe.gif I just checked my copy of AIC4AD and that's a great splash!

A fringe Timely, but a Timely nonetheless.

Ten pages of Wolverton, plus some Kurzman make this a fun read.

Nothing wrong with that! cloud9.gif

Thanks Norinn,

I've be after this issue since I saw a the two page splash for the issue in the Thompson's "All in Color for a Dime" about ten years ago.

And I've wanted this issue since I saw the two page splash on eBay last November. smile.gif

1278919-CaptainAmerica16_interior.JPG

1278919-CaptainAmerica16_interior.JPG.5eda42d264bff9601e6e2fdee40edf3c.JPG

Norinn,

Thanks for posting the splash, notice that the skull has a rising sun on his chest?!

I've read a synopsis of this issue and Red Skull actually kidnaps Cap, unmasks him, chains him up in his cellar, and uses his costume to commit crimes.

Fortunate for me, it is reprinted in Marvel Visionaries: Stan Lee. smile.gif Unfortunately, the follow-up story in Young Allies #4 hasn't be reprinted that I know of. That issue is one long 45-page Red Skull story.

Unfortunately, the follow-up story in Young Allies #4 hasn't be reprinted that I know of. That issue is one long 45-page Red Skull story.

Come on! Don't be cheap and read the original - buy Jim Payette's VG- copy for $1,500. Who needs a stinking reprint poke2.gif

Unfortunately, the follow-up story in Young Allies #4 hasn't be reprinted that I know of. That issue is one long 45-page Red Skull story.

Come on! Don't be cheap and read the original - buy Jim Payette's VG- copy for $1,500. Who needs a stinking reprint poke2.gif

I've taken a vow of poverty. So I'm limited to spending a maximum of $100 per comic.