• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,088 posts in this topic

Hey Pod where did you pick up that Marvel Mystery #6, looks familar? What is the grade? popcorn.gif

Peter,

That one's from Harley, VG would be higher except for a 1" spine split and a big crease on the back cover, very glossy

Latest from the November Heritage auction.....

Nice copies! The Submariner #4 copy is immaculate - 9.4 or 9.6?

8.5 - take a look at the bottom right corner, it's also a PLOD

More like a PLOB. Purple Label of Beauty. cloud9.gif

@ Podboy, I was looking at that Blonde Phantom. That cover is by far my favorite of The Blonde Phantom run, but I couldn't get over the dirtiness of the front cover. Here are two Davis Crippen "D" Copy books that I picked upon Heritage:

nellie16.jpg

georgie.jpg

BTW, if anyone happens to have the Crippen copy of Georgie #11, there is a very interested buyer right here. smile.gif

@ Podboy, I was looking at that Blonde Phantom. That cover is by far my favorite of The Blonde Phantom run, but I couldn't get over the dirtiness of the front cover. Here are two Davis Crippen "D" Copy books that I picked upon Heritage:

I agree, to me its overgraded but it completes the set for me.

When I went home at Christmas, I came across this nice surprise while going through my comic long boxes: TerryToons #7! I thought I had sold this long ago! I rescued it from the box of bronze age stuff, and now its back with my other GA books.

A beater, but still a fun book!

1555416-TTOONS%237post.jpg

589a8b8f5c719_1555416-TTOONS7post.jpg.c2266d19158af47e8cbf9ee7cfd02198.jpg

Edited by RyanH

When I went home at Christmas, I came across this nice surprise while going through my comic long boxes: TerryToons #7! I thought I had sold this long ago! I rescued it from the box of bronze age stuff, and now its back with my other GA books.

Nice Axis of Evil contrast against funny animals! thumbsup2.gif

What a nifty post-Christmas surprise! You were smarter in keeping it than you were giving yourself credit for. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

The greatest of the Hitler covers (imho). Is every copy of this issue out there off-centered?

The greatest of the Hitler covers (imho). Is every copy of this issue out there off-centered?

great thread, and this cover it is a great one, but speaking of great hitler covers, the greatest one is great #3 with futuro taking hitler to hell [they entered thru a grate, as i recall from the story]. sorry, i don't have one to post. would somebody come thru with one please? one of my fellow timely-geeks has a very hi-grade great 3, raw, which i NEVER fail to thumb up obsessively at our annual gatherings. tho' still hi grade, it has lost maybe a quarter grade of gloss over the years due solely to my handlings.