• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Whoops wrong thread (sort of), Timley reprint though. tongue.gif

At least the MM92 says "Marvel" on it instead of "Superior"

It was printed by Bell, right?

I used to have a Canadian "Superior" EC and the printing quality was notably sub-par, is the same true for their Timelys - and does Bell have a better reputation?

One more questions about Canadian editions- did Superior print Canadian ad content editions of their pre-code originals, or was that output paradoxically only for U.S. consumption?

Just looking at the Superior print of Sub-Mariner Comics #32 and it has Canadian adds in it. I will be cracking the MMC#92 out when I get it and to be honest I wasn't even aware of the fact that this issue was reprinted and I can't imagine why they had Bell features do this issue when Superior appears to have done the bulk of them back in 1949. I have asked if anyone can proivde a master list of what Timely superhero books were reprinted but other than issues that have been presented for sale in the past this appears to be a bit of a mystery (no pun intended wink.gif) As far as selling these go I really can't see myself doing so unless I'm in a major pinch because I doubt I would ever get an opportunity to repurchase many of them if I did.

Hey Peter, RE: MMC92

Would you mind since you are busting it out anyway, taking a picture show of the Human Torch Story origin and posting it in this thread. I would love that, I understand if you don't, but if you can, man that would be awsome!!!!!

Those are great books and I do miss my AW#4 that I had to sell but will probably repurchase a copy one day just for the cover alone (the stories were pretty lame unfortunantely. Don't have a digital camera but I will see if I can gingerly scan the interior pages once I have the book in hand.

Those are great books and I do miss my AW#4 that I had to sell but will probably repurchase a copy one day just for the cover alone (the stories were pretty lame unfortunantely. Don't have a digital camera but I will see if I can gingerly scan the interior pages once I have the book in hand.

That would be great, but don't even try if you think it could damage the book, I have just always wanted to read that story. I will get a copy soon I hope, but hey if its available I will most definately read it. I am going to see Darrell today, I will ask him about the MF's, let you know tonight.

Later, I gotta get some work done.

mmc3.jpg

hello all...

only took me 169 pages to finally have a contribution!...special thanks to Billy Parker, Xavier Logan and Jim E....

rick

You're supposed to start with one, dang it! makepoint.gif

Nice little group. Are we expecting a complete run?

mmc3.jpg

hello all...

only took me 169 pages to finally have a contribution!...special thanks to Billy Parker, Xavier Logan and Jim E....

rick

You're supposed to start with one, dang it! makepoint.gif

Nice little group. Are we expecting a complete run?

hello all...

well, I must admit, and I am dern completist smile.gif

next "group shot" I get to post should have about 12 books in it, then 18, then I run out of money till next year confused-smiley-013.gif

rick

Not anywhere as big as the books you guys are posting...but big to me in that it is MY FIRST TIMELY!!!!! acclaim.gif

Scott

1643885-YoungAllies18.jpg

See Tec27 -- here's a guy who knows how to start out right. stooges.gif

Nice book and welcome to the Timely Club!

Not anywhere as big as the books you guys are posting...but big to me in that it is MY FIRST TIMELY!!!!! acclaim.gif

Scott

yay, company! to quote a new friend of mine "2 deflowered virgins" on the same page...woo hoo...

Sweet YA my friend and welcome.

Just one this tonight on Ebay....Nice upgrade for me..my now undercopy is a 1.8, which was my lowest grade cap, so upgrading to a F or better, way cool. It looks like it might go FN+ to me, but this is just the copy from the ebay listing. I will post a high rez scan when it arrives in a couple of days.

Paul Cap60fine.jpgyay.gif

Just one this tonight on Ebay....Nice upgrade for me..my now undercopy is a 1.8, which was my lowest grade cap, so upgrading to a F or better, way cool. It looks like it might go FN+ to me, but this is just the copy from the ebay listing. I will post a high rez scan when it arrives in a couple of days.

Great copy! I was interested in that one too! But, I had to bail, as my comic buying is on long term hold. frown.gif

Scott

the 'laurin' copy!! i think that's lamont's sister. you knocked your first one out of the park, brother. congrats.

paul, i've got the marvel 87 from that same collection; i swear the little date written up in the logo is the same ink, same handwriting as mine. too cool.