• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,066 posts in this topic

Where is the link for it? I don't see the Cage copy anywhere?

Link

Billy's has much nicer pages too than the Cage copy. Just lovely!

and, at 80000 beans, parker is sitting on a gold mine!...adoption papers are in the mail poke2.gif

rick

Link

and, at 80000 beans, parker is sitting on a gold mine!...adoption papers are in the mail poke2.gif

rick

If the Cage is 80K, then Parker's must be 85K! At least a 5K bump for the pages. acclaim.gif

I noticed there is a 6.0 copy the Nic Cage copy on CLink right now. I have to say, that yours is superior in cover appearance which all that I have to go off of. Given the two as option, I would take yours at the same price. Not that I can afford to drop 80K on one, but If I could, it would be yours. Real nice book, it presents very well, and well its Marvel Comics 1 really don't have to say more than that.

the cage books had two mc 1's; i think the other was an october 5.0. i don't think either had ow/w pages, which i really love about mine.

thanks again Paul.

Link

rick

i'll sign 'em; you can adopt me anytime--the EASY way for me to put my d.c. collection together!

Link

rick

If the Cage is 80K, then Parker's must be 85K! At least a 5K bump for the pages. acclaim.gif

and mine is a pedigree! minor, yes, but one nonetheless!!

Billy's copy looks much nicer than the Cage copy on Comiclink, based on the colors on the cover and page quality. Apparently Cage also had an October copy that graded VG/F 5.0. Its pictured in the 2005 Metro catalog at p. 81.

Billy's copy looks much nicer than the Cage copy on Comiclink, based on the colors on the cover and page quality. Apparently Cage also had an October copy that graded VG/F 5.0. Its pictured in the 2005 Metro catalog at p. 81.

i am appreciating all the love for the book big time. thanks, all.

i am appreciating all the love for the book big time. thanks, all.

We are just sucking up so maybe if you ever let it go one of us (me?) will have a shot at it! In comic collecting there is no love, it's all about the books!

I noticed there is a 6.0 copy the Nic Cage copy on CLink right now. I have to say, that yours is superior in cover appearance which all that I have to go off of. Given the two as option, I would take yours at the same price. Not that I can afford to drop 80K on one, but If I could, it would be yours. Real nice book, it presents very well, and well its Marvel Comics 1 really don't have to say more than that.

the cage books had two mc 1's; i think the other was an october 5.0. i don't think either had ow/w pages, which i really love about mine.

thanks again Paul.

I think Stephen mentioned that this sold recently. The October copy is my grail of grails and I think the asking price was $80,000. Hey Billy just curious if you would have traded your copy for the October version? I don't think I have ever seen another October print before.

MC1CGC5.jpg

thanks again Paul.

I think Stephen mentioned that this sold recently. The October copy is my grail of grails and I think the asking price was $80,000. Hey Billy just curious if you would have traded your copy for the October version? I don't think I have ever seen another October print before.

MC1CGC5.jpg

Looks like this copy has a little SCS on top right corner.

Hey Billy just curious if you would have traded your copy for the October version?

MC1CGC5.jpg

surfer: not a chance. the little stamp over 'oct' doesn't do much for me. the pay copy being a november pretty much lays to rest the debate over the thing in my mind.

if i had the choice of two like books, same grade, same paper, i would take the october, however.

My first GA Subby/Torch Battle Book! Will be the first book I have restored as well. I won this book off Clink today. I figure if a book is to be resto'd this is a good one as the cover is in two pieces. Still had to pay G 2.0 price for it, but I am tickled just the same. HumanTorch8.jpgyay.gif

Edited by mr.schomburg

My first GA Subby/Torch Battle Book! Will be the first book I have restored as well. I won this book off Clink today. I figure if a book is to be resto'd this is a good one as the cover is in two pieces. Still had to pay G 2.0 price for it, but I am tickled just the same. HumanTorch8.jpgyay.gif

That is such a great book! I would be interested in seeing it once the work is done

Today was Timely Tuesday for me,both of these came in the mail today..... cloud9.gif

usa17.jpg

AS8.jpg

'manic monday' was a big hit; i see no reason why you can't do something with 'timely tuesday.' think of the funny-books to be bought off the royalties!