• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

youngallies4.jpg

Got this from Steve Borock at a Chicago Con back when he was still behind a table selling books.

Rich, Welcome to the boards . Sorry I didn't get a chance sooner.

Incredible books , just incredible. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifKeep posting them . I'm in Awe of your Timelys. 893applaud-thumb.gif

kid2.jpg

Always liked this cover. Most of the Kid run doesn't do much for me. I think someone said before, if this cover was on another title it would be HUGE!

Amazing books MrBedrock - love 'em!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

and one more, that just went up on the m.m. pedigree thread.

ht.jpg

This is the greatest book in the history of geekdom! But you are still a showoff.

youngallies4.jpg

Got this from Steve Borock at a Chicago Con back when he was still behind a table selling books.

I have to ask: What grade did he give it back then? 27_laughing.gif

youngallies4.jpg

I have to ask: What grade did he give it back then? 27_laughing.gif

I don't remember the grade, but the price would have put it at a 10.8!

I had to resubmit to get the price that I wanted!!!!!!!

Richard was kind enough to talk with me about this book at Mega-Con. Let's just say it would take your 5.5 AND a REALLY big wad of cash to get him to part with it. thumbsup2.gif

If i was going to unload a big wad of cash it certainly would be for this book. Are you saying a might have a glimmer of hope. cloud9.gif

You do realize your quickly eroding your own negotiating position, don't you? tongue.gif

Like I have any edge in the negotiating on a book like that. I am not worthy. hail.gif

ht.jpg

Billy, that copy is just incredible!!!

MARVEL #1 would have to be my ultimate , unattainable grail... if I were to sell ALL my books, I'd be lucky if I could get a 1.5 !! IF I could find one for sale!

The Frank R. Paul cover is one fo my golden age favorites...

As Surfer said, I'm not worthy ...

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

mmcc.jpg

hello all...

a few more MMC added to the collection...

rick

ht.jpg

Billy that has some of the richest colors I have ever seen on a copy of that issue. 893applaud-thumb.gif

thanks much Peter; it's my pride and joy.

ht.jpg

Billy, that copy is just incredible!!!

MARVEL #1 would have to be my ultimate , unattainable grail... if I were to sell ALL my books, I'd be lucky if I could get a 1.5 !! IF I could find one for sale!

The Frank R. Paul cover is one fo my golden age favorites...

As Surfer said, I'm not worthy ...

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

much appreciated Ryan. i've owned it over a decade now--i wouldn't be able to get this book today, so i'm very thankful indeed to have it. my ultimate grail as well.

I noticed there is a 6.0 copy the Nic Cage copy on CLink right now. I have to say, that yours is superior in cover appearance which all that I have to go off of. Given the two as option, I would take yours at the same price. Not that I can afford to drop 80K on one, but If I could, it would be yours. Real nice book, it presents very well, and well its Marvel Comics 1 really don't have to say more than that.