• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

And finally....

submariner11.jpg

Now that's a cover!

Now that's a cover!!! hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Beautiful books. Gotta love those Timelys! cloud9.gif

More... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Okay. Who do I have to kill to get this book? sumo.gif

And finally....

submariner11.jpg

Now that's a cover!

Wow,I never saw that cover before.............great stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif

Okay, I'll stop now. Sorry if I took up too much space. Thanks for indulging me.

Don't worry, everyone loves Timelys. Why else would this thread get 10,000 hits in two weeks? wink.gif

Stunning books, Mr. B! Keep 'em coming! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thanks! Let's face it. Book in and book out, Timelys had the absolute best covers! They are perfect for a forum like this. I mean, while they are okay, who really wants to look at every issue of Action from 100 - 200? (I may be opening a big can of worms - but I doubt it!) But, other than maybe #79 just about every issue of Marvel Mystery is great!

I hear ya. Let's compare Marvel Mystery 100 - 200 against Action 100 - 200! grin.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot, there were only 92 of them... frown.gif Wonder why?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Cause after 1949 Americans lost all sense of taste and culture!

Actually....I think it had more to do with this...

2-12-07006.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Okay, I'll stop now. Sorry if I took up too much space. Thanks for indulging me.

Don't worry, everyone loves Timelys. Why else would this thread get 10,000 hits in two weeks? wink.gif

Thanks! Let's face it. Book in and book out, Timelys had the absolute best covers! They are perfect for a forum like this. I mean, while they are okay, who really wants to look at every issue of Action from 100 - 200? (I may be opening a big can of worms - but I doubt it!) But, other than maybe #79 just about every issue of Marvel Mystery is great!

I hear ya. Let's compare Marvel Mystery 100 - 200 against Action 100 - 200! grin.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot, there were only 92 of them... frown.gif Wonder why?? confused-smiley-013.gif

2-12-07006.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Bill, is that from your personal clip file?

2-12-07006.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Actually proud to say I don't own it at all! But I do remember it making the list of your favorite Timely covers quite recently... poke2.gif

And finally....

submariner11.jpg

Now that's a cover!

Coming from you I consider that the ultimate compliment!

Actually proud to say I don't own it at all! But I do remember it making the list of your favorite Timely covers quite recently... poke2.gif

No, Bill. My favorite was the cover with the actual insertion shot.

I got this from Detective27kid today! Thanks Rick. It's the closest I can get to a Marvel 1 (for now). I'm resisting the urge to crack it, only because I have the Masterworks... but I don't know how much willpower I have? yay.gifyay.gif

1715477-marvemyst03.jpg

Sorry, I can't afford a new scanner when I keep buying books. 27_laughing.gif

1715477-marvemyst03.jpg.f8d55d6dee77abee89db72cfb183a96a.jpg

I got this from Detective27kid today! Thanks Rick. It's the closest I can get to a Marvel 1 (for now). I'm resisting the urge to crack it, only because I have the Masterworks... but I don't know how much willpower I have? yay.gifyay.gif

1715477-marvemyst03.jpg

Sorry, I can't afford a new scanner when I keep buying books. 27_laughing.gif

as S. would say,

where did you get such a lovely book poke2.gif

rick

the only book i have that might get the bedrock seal of approval. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif mr bedrock sir, your books have been awesome!

1716102-ya3.jpg

That is an awesome copy, Mike. I love that cover. My copy is one of those with the staple holes at the top left. John Verzyl called them Marvel pay/file copies because a pay stub receipt was stapled there. I have never seen or had any verification of that. Regardless, yours is way better. (Wanna Trade?)

the pay/file copy is new info to me. you might be able to persuade me with a #4 in 8.0.... did i mention it's my all-time favorite cover? grin.gif i was lucky to get this off of motor city comics about four years ago. i bought it raw and mike goldman's grading was dead on.

the only book i have that might get the bedrock seal of approval. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif mr bedrock sir, your books have been awesome!

That is an awesome copy, Mike. I love that cover. My copy is one of those with the staple holes at the top left. John Verzyl called them Marvel pay/file copies because a pay stub receipt was stapled there. I have never seen or had any verification of that. Regardless, yours is way better. (Wanna Trade?)

From my understanding these were not "Timely" file copies but rather advertizers copies that were found. I too have some and have seen many. Most seem to be in the 7.0-8.5 range.

West

All the great books on this thread inspired me to pick up this beauty.

Ken

marvelmystery47.jpg

I saw this book in person last week, and Ken's scanner just doesn't do it justice - it is indeed a beauty... 893applaud-thumb.gif

STEVE

I thought I'd update my group shot before some go back to the bank. The MM3, from Rick, is the only restored book. The 30 is pretty sharp with white paper. 26 and 36 are a couple of my favorites. I hope you like?

1716055-marvmysteryGROUP.jpg

This shot belongs in the Timely thread. VERY NICE!

West

Always happy to oblige.