• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

And now for a poor mans Timely grin.gif I've been looking for one of these for a while and they just don't pop up that often...

Nellie10.jpg

"Poor Man's Timely" looks pretty good to me!

Okay. So I was asked to post this last night. I pulled out a few other goodies as well.

So without further adoo........

you've inspired me to go to the bank MrB---1 + 91=

ht.jpg[/img]

lasttry.jpg

pardon the quality of the group pic; i tried, repeatedly, to make it better. i need ciorac over here. Pons, if you can improve it remotely like you did once before, be my guest.

Okay. So I was asked to post this last night. I pulled out a few other goodies as well.

ht.jpg[/img]

lasttry.jpg

pardon the quality of the group pic; i tried, repeatedly, to make it better. i need ciorac over here. Pons, if you can improve it remotely like you did once before, be my guest.

Pretty hard to improve anything about this group shot, Billy. cloud9.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

ht.jpg[/img]

lasttry.jpg

My dear friend Billy Parker, you never cease to amaze me. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

BTW, you're never going to get around to submitting that DD 9 and maybe we should work out a deal. confused-smiley-013.gif

Fay flowerred.gif

ht.jpg[/img]

lasttry.jpg

Ciorac is at my house this weekend and he says you are a showoff! He would never want to improve your pictures. Then you might get the bighead!

Begrudgingly, we say, yeah I guess that's pretty neat.

BTW, this picture includes the very first Timely purchased by a member of the Timely Geek Club. I bought the #72 for $25 at the 1973 Houston Con from Tanner Miles (anybody remember that name?).

lasttry.jpg.

After seeing scores of group of picturs of large sets of books on these boards, I must admit that, without a doubt, that's the biggest group shot I've seen. Did you punch a hole in the roof to take the pic?

In any event, Mr Parker, that's just hail.gif

lasttry.jpg.

After seeing scores of group of picturs of large sets of books on these boards, I must admit that, without a doubt, that's the biggest group shot I've seen. Did you punch a hole in the roof to take the pic?

In any event, Mr Parker, that's just hail.gif

I guess it is the ole Parker Mansion...he probably took the shot from the 3rd floor elevator smile.gif

rick

I'm hoping once you see this thread more of you will show the Timely's you have tucked away in your collections. Alex Schomburg is my favorite artist, so I'll start out this thread with one of his best works.

Timely.

345720-captainamerica26.jpg

I must comment on the original post to this thread... Very cool_20sign.gif cover. thumbsup2.gif

My one and only Timely... but I'm looking to acquire another. grin.gif

Human_Torch__1_CGC_FN_6.0.jpg

Nice Book!!! cloud9.gif If you're only going to own one Timely, thats certainly a great one to have!!

Human Torch 1 has always been one of my favorite Timelys. I've been looking for an unrestored 6.0-9.0 copy for some time now with no luck.

In the meantime, I have to settle for this restored copy.

HumanTorch1.jpg

My one and only Timely... but I'm looking to acquire another. grin.gif

Human_Torch__1_CGC_FN_6.0.jpg

Nice Book!!! cloud9.gif If you're only going to own one Timely, thats certainly a great one to have!!

Human Torch 1 has always been one of my favorite Timelys. I've been looking for an unrestored 6.0-9.0 copy for some time now with no luck.

In the meantime, I have to settle for this restored copy.

HumanTorch1.jpg

I wouldn't kick your copy out of bed, Filter81.