• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,083 posts in this topic

I think it's definitely an under-appreciated cover. I sold mine recently, and got a good price, but even with the disparity in availability, there shouldn't be such a huge price spread between HT #8 and MMC #9.

I think it's definitely an under-appreciated cover. I sold mine recently, and got a good price, but even with the disparity in availability, there shouldn't be such a huge price spread between HT #8 and MMC #9.

the spread is right...MM9 was the first battle between two super heroes--far more significant than HT8..I still think Marvel 9 is under valued in the guide. but the market is actually bearing real value prices...it should have guide prices closest to Tec 29,31,33 and Action 7 IMO...Subby 1 and HT 2(#1) are over priced in the guide 2c:)

that 4.5 HT8 was nice Jeff :)

Finally got a slight upgrade on this book. The "poor man's" Marvel Mystery 9 if you will (thumbs u This cover really "hits" you--if you know what I mean.

MyTorch8CGC40crow.jpg

I know it is referred to as the "Poor Mans" MMC #9, but I like to think of it as the "Smart Mans" MMC #9...it's just a better cover, for a tenth of the price (thumbs u

Jim

hm

Methinks I feel a challenge coming on....I think the HT 8 is a great book but just in case if y'all didn't know, I'm going to disagree on that comment.

:cool:

That is one good looking VG book.

(thumbs u

I'm on the HT #8 cover bandwagon myself. I just think it is a better looking cover IMO. Mind you I like HT #10 cover as well, so what the heck do I know... :grin:

Mmmmmmmm, HT #8 goodness... :cloud9:

scan10002u.jpg

WOW! Nice copy there. Colors are dripping. Any resto on it? (worship)

hm

Methinks I feel a challenge coming on....I think the HT 8 is a great book but just in case if y'all didn't know, I'm going to disagree on that comment.

:cool:

That is one good looking VG book.

(thumbs u

You know I am in the MM9 camp (thumbs u Both great books. Thanks Roy. Perhaps we need to start a poll thread on which is the "all-time favorite Torch vs. Subby battle cover?" hm

MM #9

HT #8

HT #4(5)

I can't think of anymore battle covers...

Finally got a slight upgrade on this book. The "poor man's" Marvel Mystery 9 if you will (thumbs u This cover really "hits" you--if you know what I mean.

MyTorch8CGC40crow.jpg

I know it is referred to as the "Poor Mans" MMC #9, but I like to think of it as the "Smart Mans" MMC #9...it's just a better cover, for a tenth of the price (thumbs u

Jim

right Jim--you get quite a cover for a lot less the price. Plus you can actually find HT 8's around for sale more often ;)

Edited by Primetime

MyTorch8CGC40crow.jpg

Jim

right Jim--you get quite a cover for a lot less the price. Plus you can actually find HT 8's around for sale more often ;)

But MMC has the coolest splash page :cloud9:

I'm on the HT #8 cover bandwagon myself. I just think it is a better looking cover IMO. Mind you I like HT #10 cover as well, so what the heck do I know... :grin:

Mmmmmmmm, HT #8 goodness... :cloud9:

scan10002u.jpg

WOW! Nice copy there. Colors are dripping. Any resto on it? (worship)

Thanks, yes the colors are fantastic. No resto.

MyTorch8CGC40crow.jpg

Jim

But MMC has the coolest splash page :cloud9:

Yeah, true...the CF on the HT 8 is pretty cool though...