• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

Here's a cool book. I love Schomburg's weird perspective and how he pulls it all together!!!

Daring-10.jpg

Splash page

Daring-10-splash.jpg

cool spread...

Daring-10-spread.jpg

— Rick

Edited by RAHIGH

Dang Billy is that it?

Absolutely love Red Raven!

Very impressive my man, impressive indeed!

If the Red Raven cover was the same as the splash it would be twice as expensive to buy a copy. Very cool book.

I had a chance to buy one years ago, bought a DD Battles Hitler 1 for the same price instead. Haven't even come close to getting another copy since.

:sorry:

how often do red ravens come up for sale. I don't think I've ever seen one at auction.

very seldom seen for sale. when i decided to broaden out from the mm, cap, torch and subby runs and go after all the timely's, it was a good while before mine, which was a "buy it now" on ebay that i luckily stumbled on when it was only minutes old, came up. i've seen only a couple others for sale over this period, and we're probably talking 5 years--both on h'tage, both purple. a few times when in need of dough, i've thought of putting mine up on the forum with a BIG price tag [7.5 purple on h'tage sold for over 7 g's last year], but always change my mind on account of the hole in the global run might last a long time, unlike the others i filled fairly quickly when i sold/traded a book.

These are no match for Billy's stuff ( (worship) by the way, Billy), but I just got these back from CGC.

This is one of my favorite Subby covers...

Sub-Mariner-13.jpg

great cover, great copy. well done, sir.

timely loved those green idol baddies; love this usa.

usa12.jpg

and my favorite of that motif. this was sold to me as the olshevsky 15 years or so ago, and it is that, but somehow over time i got it in my head it was the chicago, as well. then saw that he put nm "+" on all the chicago's, so broke this out the fortress, and, alas, the near mint was there but no "+." but a beauty nonetheless, and one i had never scanned. probably been almost 10 years since it was last out of the fortress, but i've unscrewed that damn thing and scanned it for you, my treasured boardies!

cap35-1.jpg

I'll come out of hiding to post my RR1...low grade and missing the centerfold.

Purchased from Metropolis many years ago....

(apologies to those who remember me posting this last year)

I really DO need to post more. I stop by and read here almost Every Day...but don't have a scanner or many pictures of my books.

RedRaven1.jpg

Edited by JZrarities

That's what I like to see! Insides!

R.

Here's a cool book. I love Schomburg's weird perspective and how he pulls it all together!!!

Daring-10.jpg

Splash page

Daring-10-splash.jpg

cool spread...

Daring-10-spread.jpg

— Rick

how often do red ravens come up for sale. I don't think I've ever seen one at auction.

thank god......

what's worse, pons, r.r. or silver streaks?

Harley Yee is the hardest working man in comics.

You sir, are the funniest.