• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Thanks, Billy.

Those are some GREAT looking green idol Timelys!!!!

Maybe we should start a new thread. lol

— Rick

i think the thread was started and ended right there---can you think of another? i'm too lazy tonite to go page-by-page thru the gerbers. and thanks.

Thanks, Billy.

Those are some GREAT looking green idol Timelys!!!!

Maybe we should start a new thread. lol

— Rick

i think the thread was started and ended right there---can you think of another? i'm too lazy tonite to go page-by-page in the gerber. and thanks.

Hey, the "green-idol-mini-thread" was good while it lasted.

Got a batch of books back from CGC today. Here are a couple:

cap31.jpg

allwinners11.jpg

Man, this one sits really crooked in its holder.

:applause:

Awesome books. Love that AW11. Yeah, they could've done a better job with slabbing that book. The book looks fine, seems like the guy who slabbed it was either drunk or hadn't drank his V8 that morning. They should reholder that for you.............for free.

cap31.jpg

allwinners11.jpg

Wow. Great looking books. The All Winners is one you don't see that often. Great pickups!!!

— Rick

And a couple of others that came in today. The USA #3 is really wild... check out the guy blindfolded, chained and bent backwards, with a giant buzz saw about to gut him. Crazy!

usa31.jpg

I love the symbolism of this cover. The Statue of Liberty standing strong in the mid ground with the Eiffel Tower and the Kremlin Tower (?) burning in the foreground. Classic war cover, indeed.

allwinners41.jpg

cap31.jpg

allwinners11.jpg

Fantastic books Wally! I love the Atlas globe on the All Winners :applause:

And a couple of others that came in today. The USA #3 is really wild... check out the guy blindfolded, chained and bent backwards, with a giant buzz saw about to gut him. Crazy!

usa31.jpg

like you, i LOVE usa 3; here's eldon's old copy.

usa3.jpg

and his 4; i do think it's it's too cool that these two books are back-to-back in a collection again, after all those years. i guess he learned how to write in cursive over the months between the books!

usa4.jpg

usa31.jpg

What a great cover!!!

— Rick

And a couple more that came back from CGC on Friday. These are all books that have been in my collection for 20 + years and I finally got around to having them slabbed. A couple of MMCs came back as restored. The LCS I used to buy them from probably knew it and didn't disclose it and I wasn't as tuned into detecting restoration back then. Hard to believe but, there was a time when professionally restored books didn't sell for less than coverless copies :insane:

subby101.jpg

torch18.jpg