• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,102 posts in this topic

usa 5 is the bees knees for sure

:grin:

429921-USA5.jpg

Interesting that The Victory Boys double team Hitler while leaving an armed Mussolini alone. Guess they know that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Edited by KirbyJack

and eldon's 3 & 4 ain't bad either.

usa3.jpg

usa4.jpg

Who has my old USA comic from that small batch Matt and I bought years ago Billy? You had it, and then I think Richard did. Is it in the "wild" now or still in the family?

and eldon's 3 & 4 ain't bad either.

usa4.jpg

Who has my old USA comic from that small batch Matt and I bought years ago Billy? You had it, and then I think Richard did. Is it in the "wild" now or still in the family?

i think ricky sold it--it was the issue above. that book was part of the cap 1 deal, an eon ago!

usa1_CGC_front.jpg

:cloud9: I saw this beauty listed on CLink, but really didn't give it much thought based on the ask price, and on rejections on several recent offers I made for other books that were above what I would call FMV. It's sweet!! Congrats!!

(P.S. .... I'm very jealous)

usa1_CGC_front.jpg

:cloud9: I saw this beauty listed on CLink, but really didn't give it much thought based on the ask price, and on rejections on several recent offers I made for other books that were above what I would call FMV. It's sweet!! Congrats!!

That is just a stunning book, David. (thumbs u

— Rick

usa1_CGC_front.jpg

That is just a stunning book, David. (thumbs u

— Rick

Thanks, guys! :acclaim:

Buying this copy of USA#1 was Timely in a couple of ways because the owner decided to let Heritage act as broker and was willing to negotiate down from the CLink asking price. Based on Heritage's records the owner won this copy in one of their auctions several years ago for much less than FMV, so even with the brokerage fees he turned a tidy profit. The only downside for me was paying TX sales tax. C'est la vie (shrug)

...BTW Rick, that's a devil of a Young Allies page. :devil:

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Well, it's been almost two weeks since anyone has posted here, so I thought I'd throw out my latest pick up. This has always been one of my favorite Torch covers, and this one has nice bright color and the cover is nicely centered with no writing. Even though I paid more than I had intended (don't we all from time to time), I am thrilled to add this book to my Timely collection. :banana:

HT7.jpg

Well, it's been almost two weeks since anyone has posted here, so I thought I'd throw out my latest pick up. This has always been one of my favorite Torch covers, and this one has nice bright color and the cover is nicely centered with no writing. Even though I paid more than I had intended (don't we all from time to time), I am thrilled to add this book to my Timely collection. :banana:

HT7.jpg

That is one sweet looking copy (thumbs u

off-white to white pages is nothing to sneeze at either :applause:

Edited by batman_fan

HT7.jpg

That is one sweet looking copy (thumbs u

off-white to white pages is nothing to sneeze at either :applause:

NICE! Blinding color, too; no wonder the enemy was wearing shades! :applause:

HT7.jpg

That is beauty! And I don't think folks realize how hard that book is to find in condition.

Congrats (thumbs u

Of the first ten Torches, #7 was the last issue that I was able to get a nice copy of...

ht7.jpg

Your 7.0 looks much nicer than this!

Of the first ten Torches, #7 was the last issue that I was able to get a nice copy of...

ht7.jpg

Your 7.0 looks much nicer than this!

They just don't show up very often. Yours is nice also. Heck, any #7 is nice IMO. My scan is from Heritage, so the reds are "jacked up" in it. It still has really nice colors though. I will try and scan it later and post it.