• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

cap74001.jpg

Waiting for this baby to arrive Thanks to a fellow board member. The Red Skull covers have always been my favorites from the Cap run.

Great book John! :applause:

Thanks Alex. It looks like this issue belongs in a Horror thread but I love it and the title "Weird Tales".

Nice books guys. Well did anyone ever bother to check with Joe Simon if the skull on the wheel was intended to be the Red Skull? That would solve it.
who else could it be John?

I guess it is somewhat

Nice books guys. Well did anyone ever bother to check with Joe Simon if the skull on the wheel was intended to be the Red Skull? That would solve it.
who else could it be John?

I guess it is somewhat

Let me see, ...swastika with imposing red skull over it, hm ...yep, I'm calling it: Red Skull! :sumo:

NEW scanner (finally, a flatbed that works with all my books, including CGC slabs!)...

...AND a new, totally Charmin :cloud9: acquisition! :banana:

Mystic5.jpg

Off white-White pages with slight to moderate restoration (8.5 App).

Also, here is my rescan of my slabbed Cap #5 (CGC 8.5 Blue)...

CaptainAmerica5_CGC.jpg

I probably could've adjusted the yellow in the scan a bit around the edges as there is no darkening at either end of the word America on the actual book, but I think this scan looks great otherwise! (thumbs u

Edited by DavidMerryweather

NEW scanner (finally, a flatbed that works with all my books, including CGC slabs!)...

...AND a new, totally Charmin :cloud9: acquisition! :banana:

Mystic5.jpg

Off white-White pages with slight to moderate restoration (8.5 App).

Also, here is my rescan of my slabbed Cap #5 (CGC 8.5 Blue)...

CaptainAmerica5_CGC.jpg

I probably could've adjusted the yellow in the scan a bit around the edges as there is no darkening at either end of the word America on the actual book, but I think this scan looks great otherwise! (thumbs u

Note to self: must get me a Merryweather scanner! Great looking scans - pity about the books though - dont you have any nice ones? :jokealert:

Note to self: must get me a Merryweather scanner! Great looking scans - pity about the books though - dont you have any nice ones? :jokealert:

:gossip: Epson Perfection V33 (from Fry's). They're available on line pretty cheap, when in stock. The results are spectacular (IMO) and it's easy enough to use that now I'm thinking about buying a second one for back-up in case this one ever breaks down (which you know it will, eventually).

BTW, you do realize that a "Merryweather" scanner is the same as a CAT-scan, don't you? :baiting:

:gossip: Epson Perfection V33 (from Fry's). They're available on line pretty cheap, when in stock. The results are spectacular (IMO) and it's easy enough to use that now I'm thinking about buying a second one for back-up in case this one ever breaks down (which you know it will, eventually).

BTW, you do realize that a "Merryweather" scanner is the same as a CAT-scan, don't you? :baiting:

I'll believe anything you tell me!

I'll believe anything you tell me!

That's a heavy responsibility (I'm not Mitchell Mehdy, you know). hm

Well, I can honestly say that my decision to purchase Roy's copy of MM#2 is partially responsible for getting me back into GA collecting after a lengthy hiatus.

:angel: Here are the newly scanned front and back covers...

MarvelMystery2_front.jpg

MarvelMystery2_back.jpg

If it's only TP, at least it's totally Charmin. :cloud9:

If it's only TP, at least it's totally Charmin.

Nice pun. Nicer book! :applause:

I was more fond of it as a CGC 6.0. doh! (And I realize this transformation occurred under somebody else's watch, Michael.)

Venus08-60.jpg

Well, at least it went up in CGC's estimation, not down!

the crack/resubber must have thought it was going to get a HUGE jump, as there can't be $50 diff b/w a 6.0 and a 6.5 of that book.

very pretty, regardless, and i just love the arrival date in the moon.

I was more fond of it as a CGC 6.0. doh! (And I realize this transformation occurred under somebody else's watch, Michael.)

Venus08-60.jpg

Well, at least it went up in CGC's estimation, not down!

the crack/resubber must have thought it was going to get a HUGE jump, as there can't be $50 diff b/w a 6.0 and a 6.5 of that book.

very pretty, regardless, and i just love the arrival date in the moon.

Well, if Venus has a superpower, that's what it is!

These are late Timelys, see? Not early Atlas - 'cos David said so! [May as well post my mini run this time.]

Venus1550.jpg

Venus1650.jpg

Venus1760.jpg

Venus1870.jpg

Venus1975.jpg

mini-run? did someone say mini-run? here are the "super-hero issues." i have 1-10, too, but i must've deleted my pic of them, as they're nowhere to be found in the 'bucket. i'll have to remedy that. and pretty books, sir.

venii.jpg

mini-run? did someone say mini-run? here are the "super-hero issues." i have 1-10, too, but i must've deleted my pic of them, as they're nowhere to be found in the 'bucket. i'll have to remedy that. and pretty books, sir.

venii.jpg

Give us a closer look Billy! Now that I have a few I reckon it might be fun to look for the rest - and some will be tougher than others, n'est-ce pas?

Edited by alanna