• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,079 posts in this topic

I've narrowed it to April, May, or June of 1939, but can't figure out the exact comic.

hm Well, I can tell you what it isn't, ...it's NOT a Timely. :gossip:

Hope that helps! (thumbs u

Long Time since I posed here!

Just got in a nice and glossy copy (inside spine restored + a very few and small CT) of USA Comics #7 :blush:

All the best

Fred

USA-Comics-7-Cover-Small.jpg[/img]

Very vivid colors on that one!

.....and a perfect cover for an AjaxFarrell custom clock. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just got in a nice and glossy copy (inside spine restored + a very few and small CT) of USA Comics #7 :blush:

All the best

Fred

Ultimate Cap cover (worship)

Really cool cover!! Bucky with a WWII era machine gun! How cool is that! Could a machine gun from that era take out warplanes? I'm not an expert on weaponry.

SLR

All the best

Fred

Ultimate Cap cover (worship)

Really cool cover!! Bucky with a WWII era machine gun! How cool is that! Could a machine gun from that era take out warplanes? I'm not an expert on weaponry.

SLR

This topic was addressed http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4701028&fpart=5

Thanks Jimbo, I've actually done a USA 7. For the heck of it I removed the machine gun fire.

USA-7-logo.jpg

USA7_ver1_jpg.jpg

USA7_ver2_jpg.jpg

GREAT ADDITION Paris Fred. (thumbs u

Edited by ajaxfarrell

Thanks Jimbo, I've actually done a USA 7. For the heck of it I removed the machine gun fire.

USA-7-logo.jpg

USA7_ver1_jpg.jpg

USA7_ver2_jpg.jpg

GREAT ADDITION Paris Fred. (thumbs u

:headbang: Timely time-keepers, with Cap & Bucky cleaning the Axis clock with every sweeping turn (assault and battery not included)! :banana:

Looked for the Human Torch 27 in decent shape for years....now I have 2. The difficult decision now is which one to keep? The 8.0 is certainly nicer, but I've always had a soft spot for solid mid grade copies that are nearly impervious to further damage and downgrading. GOD BLESS...

HT27.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Looked for the Human Torch 27 in decent shape for years....now I have 2. The difficult decision now is which one to keep? The 8.0 is certainly nicer, but I've always had a soft spot for solid mid grade copies that are nearly impervious to further damage and downgrading. GOD BLESS...

HT27.jpg

Congrats Jim. That is such a beautiful cover.

I'd keep the nicer copy of the two if I were you, even though it was tempting to suggest just the opposite. :whistle:

:gossip: If I were seriously contemplating a Human Torch run I might've made you an offer on the 8.0, but given my other objectives that beauty isn't even on my radar.

hm Still, a Human Torch did find it's way into to my collection recently...

img_HumanTorch3_154.jpg

... but no, my resolve must remain clear! :sumo:

HT27.jpg

That's a gorgeous copy. Congrats! :applause:

It was part of the Super Soldier collection....it probably wouldn't have survived San Diego if not for the bindery chip. I just couldn't shake that deep color strike and the white cover stock. If I casually hold my thumb over the bindery chip when I'm looking at it, the rest of the book looks 9.0 or better. GOD BLESS...