• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

This is one of the rare occasions where the Chinese are represented on one a WWII cover. Very cool! :applause:

No Torches, sorry. But this Timely just arrived ... finally. Super Soldier.

DaringComics975FC.jpg

No Torches, sorry. But this Timely just arrived ... finally. Super Soldier.

DaringComics975FC.jpg

:applause: That's a beauty; love the colors! :headbang:

I'm in the process of scanning the Super Soldiers that commandeered my wallet at SDCC; they arrived yesterday.

The Super Soldiers I purchased were transported back to NY after SDCC by the friendly neighborhood Metropolis folks and held for shipment pending our return home while my wife and I continued our epic summer journey to Seattle, Vancouver and Calgary. Many thanks to Vinnie, Frank & Rob.

doh! BTW, in a moment of obsessive compulsivity I'm even scanning the sacred certificates of authenticity that Metro included! :insane:

doh! BTW, in a moment of obsessive compulsivity I'm even scanning the sacred certificates of authenticity that Metro included! :insane:

OCD is expected ... I mean they are Timelys. (shrug) I was thinking about scanning the cert as well, but I found an excuse not to have the time. Looking forward to seeing your new additions! :applause:

OCD is expected ... I mean they are Timelys. (shrug) I was thinking about scanning the cert as well, but I found an excuse not to have the time. Looking forward to seeing your new additions! :applause:

Your wish has been granted:

img_AW19_141-1.jpg

img_AW19cert_142.jpg

img_CapAmerica60_148-1.jpg

img_CapAmerica60cert_149.jpg

img_CapAmerica74_150-1.jpg

img_CapAmerica74cert_151.jpg

I have a soft spot for that issue. (thumbs u

My oldest brother had a coverless copy of the Fantasy Masterpieces that I read as kid. It's possible it wasn't coverless before I read it. :blush:

img_AW19_141-1.jpg

My oldest brother had a coverless copy of the Fantasy Masterpieces that I read as kid. It's possible it wasn't coverless before I read it. :blush:

img_AW19_141-1.jpg

Here's the mate to that classic grail. I just couldn't resist, it pushed all my MANNUP buttons once I'd acquired #19 (alas, not from the Super Soldier collection, but one of my best SDCC snags)... :whee:

img_AW21_143-1.jpg

img_AW19_141-1.jpg

Here's the mate to that classic grail. I just couldn't resist, it pushed all my MANNUP buttons once I'd acquired #19 (alas, not from the Super Soldier collection, but one of my best SDCC snags)... :whee:

img_AW21_143-1.jpg

:cry: Did you snag that 19 before it was listed on the Metro site? Yes, they certainly are a pair, two of my favorites! (thumbs u Sweet books. And so I continue my search for the illusive AW #19 :ohnoez:

img_AW19_141-1.jpg

img_AW21_143-1.jpg

:cry: Did you snag that 19 before it was listed on the Metro site? Yes, they certainly are a pair, two of my favorites! (thumbs u Sweet books. And so I continue my search for the illusive AW #19 :ohnoez:

:sorry:

No, the listings were simultaneous, but I was like the Whizzer getting through the SDCC preview night crowd to collar that puppy. :acclaim:

Of course the #21 :cloud9: wasn't a Super Soldier book, but after buying #19 the A-1 copy was just too tempting (must resist, ...must resist ...arrrrrgh!).

No, the listings were simultaneous, but I was like the Whizzer getting through the SDCC preview night crowd to collar that puppy. :acclaim:

Of course the #21 :cloud9: wasn't a Super Soldier book, but after buying #19 the A-1 copy was just too tempting (must resist, ...must resist ...arrrrrgh!).

You did a fantastic job putting those two together in short order! :o Haha, and to be Borg about it. " Resistance is ... " Congrats again :whee:

You did a fantastic job putting those two together in short order! :o Haha, and to be Borg about it. " Resistance is ... " Congrats again :whee:

Thanks, Hank! (worship)

Hopefully another desirable copy of AW#19 will come up in the near future so that you can fill that grail niche. :foryou:

While I'm on the subject of Timely, here are several more recent acquisitions (the first two purchased just prior to SDCC)...

img_CapAmerica49_145-1.jpg

img_CapAmerica71_147-1.jpg

The final gem was purchased last spring (submitted to CGC several months ago & shipped back while I was en route to ComicCon). This long sought after grail book was a lucky middle of the night BIN snag off of ebay and purchased for less than 1/3 of it's current Guide value (which is about 1/2 of what it should be, IMO)...

img_MM66_140-1.jpg

(thumbs u Insomnia occasionally does it's up side, I suppose. :whee: