• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,082 posts in this topic

It was part of the Super Soldier collection....it probably wouldn't have survived San Diego if not for the bindery chip. I just couldn't shake that deep color strike and the white cover stock. If I casually hold my thumb over the bindery chip when I'm looking at it, the rest of the book looks 9.0 or better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Looks like a Cape Cod copy too.

Bought a low grade beater and had some restoration done to it about 20 years ago (back before restoration became a four letter word). Finally decided to send it in for slabbing:

mmc4.jpg

Looks like the restorer did some fantastic work on that one :applause:

img_MarvelMystery79_156.jpg

I used to own that book and I thought it got hammered on the grade. It is a really beautiful book. Glad you have it now (thumbs u

img_MarvelMystery79_156.jpg

I used to own that book and I thought it got hammered on the grade. It is a really beautiful book. Glad you have it now (thumbs u

Thanks, Richard. I really appreciate that! :headbang:

hm You know, it amazes me that so many of these great books move between a small circle of passionate collectors; then again, when I was younger I dated quite a few girls with the same tendencies. :grin:

Edited by DavidMerryweather