• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,174 posts in this topic

MM #9 displays higher but the tape brought it to 4.0.

If you ever upgrade that #9, please put me first in line for your under copy!

Love that book! :cloud9:

As a kid I remember seeing Steranko's history of the comics and it was the first time I could see golden age covers that I had never seen before.. The Marvel #15 was my favorite Marvel Mystery cover that was reproduced. Steranko's History of the Comics had a very cool Steranko cover, it was a large format soft cover. Would love to get a copy of it again..

130028.jpg.c5dfa4b658d7c649829d350c42cfb97a.jpg

As a kid I remember seeing Steranko's history of the comics and it was the first time I could see golden age covers that I had never seen before.. The Marvel #15 was my favorite Marvel Mystery cover that was reproduced. Steranko's History of the Comics had a very cool Steranko cover, it was a large format soft cover. Would love to get a copy of it again..

:applause: [font:Times New Roman]Nice copy of MM#15, Steven!

If you're looking for copies of Steranko's History of the Comics, they are out there. Amazon vendors are one source...[/font]

[font:Times New Roman]Vol. I (new or used)[/font]

http://www.amazon.com/The-Steranko-History-Comics-Volume/dp/B000GW5WFK

[font:Times New Roman]Vol. II (used only)[/font]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0517501880/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

[font:Times New Roman]Still have my copies.

I've often wondered what Vol. III & IV would've looked like if he'd been able to finish the series as planned.[/font] hm

Just upgraded this copy. Of the first ten copies of Cap the #3 and #4, In my opinion issue #3 and #4 are the toughest to find especially in high grade.

Does anyone know why S&K did not do the cover to Cap #4?

130090.jpg.a954ca02d3fa5e3c8bfad336f580f399.jpg

130091.jpg.7e2aec7fa8f10946ad00f85f78a26215.jpg

Edited by sartre

[font:Comic Sans MS]Here are several of my favorite yeller covers...[/font]

What? No love for the Red Raven? :baiting:

doh!

lol [font:Times New Roman]Actually, I figured sense since Ol' Red was already in my signature line that the redundancy would seem repetitive.[/font] lol

Cat... The majority (I assume) of boardies turn the signature line off. So likely very few folks are seeing what is in your sig line (I know I have mine off to avoid all the rediculous carp folks put in them)

:facepalm:

[font:Times New Roman]Thanks, Rick. I was totally unaware of this, and you're right, what some folks put in their sig lines is pretty ridiculous, especially over in General. :blush:

If most folks here are turning their sig lines off though, I may follow suit since so few folks apparently see 'em. Alas, I'd spent a bit of time cropping, reducing and realigning scans to put into my signature. :cry:

It's probably worth noting that Straw-Man & Frisco-Larson have some beautiful scans in their sig lines. In fact, quite a few interesting books have been popping up in signature lines around here of late, which was one of the considerations prompting the update of my own.

An ON/OFF poll on board viewing to determine whether sig lines are worth it or just a waste of time might be a revelation. [/font] hm

Thanks Cat (thumbs u I dig the sig, so don't make yours go away (tsk) I would like MORE people to have them :headbang:

PGX books:

Send them to Matt Nelson.

Have them cracked out and checked for restoration.

If restored, curse the seller and PGX, if not.....

Have Matt tell you if they can be pressed up.

If you don't like pressing, get them back unpressed.

If pressing is your thing, have it squashed.

But at least you will know the book's potential profit.

One thing to note about PGX:

The company has evidently gotten more crooked as time goes by.

So check the date it was graded.

[The MMC above is June 2007 which is early enough.]

PGX books:

Send them to Matt Nelson.

Have them cracked out and checked for restoration.

If restored, curse the seller and PGX, if not.....

Have Matt tell you if they can be pressed up.

If you don't like pressing, get them back unpressed.

If pressing is your thing, have it squashed.

But at least you will know the book's potential profit.

One thing to note about PGX:

The company has evidently gotten more crooked as time goes by.

So check the date it was graded.

[The MMC above is June 2007 which is early enough.]

I agree...most learned collectors frown on pgx books...take action man...take action now !