• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

I've always been amused that Red Skull needed a sign to point the way "To The War Zone".

xxxx 136659.jpg

That is an amazing high grade copy... (worship)

Wow :o

The condition, page quality, and cover markings are all consistent with Big Apple books from this period. Whaddya think, West? hm

Slam dunk!

Could be, but in a previous post, Steve indicated that the #46 was a Selkirk...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6459204Post6459204

The two Selkirks I have both have a "K" penciled in the upper-left-hand corner, though.

Edited by jimbo_707

After 20+ years, I dipped my toes back into the collecting pool by picking up some issues, a nice NM set of Conan 23 and 24 (1st Red Sonja), then a NM Detective 473 (Marshall Rogers Penguin issue) from ft88. Then I slipped and fell in and ended up picking up my Gold grail, Captain America 13. Low grade and paid a bit more than I wanted, but it presents well, I think.

Then on Monday, I picked up a Bronze grail, Green Lantern 76 SS O'Neill and Adams from Hibou. Wasn't planning to pick up another $$$ book so soon, but Hibou generously donated 25% of his sales to Fayzbones. Over $16,000 was raised by this community (whoa!) and was glad to be able help just a little.

I think I better unplug my computer and avoid the internet for a while so my wallet can recover...

captainamerica13800.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

After 20+ years, I dipped my toes back into the collecting pool by picking up some issues, a nice NM set of Conan 23 and 24 (1st Red Sonja), then a NM Detective 473 (Marshall Rogers Penguin issue) from ft88. Then I slipped and fell in and ended up picking up my Gold grail, Captain America 13. Low grade and paid a bit more than I wanted, but it presents well, I think.

Then on Monday, I picked up a Bronze grail, Green Lantern 76 SS O'Neill and Adams from Hibou. Wasn't planning to pick up another $$$ book so soon, but Hibou generously donated 25% of his sales to Fayzbones. Over $16,000 was raised by this community (whoa!) and was glad to be able help just a little.

I think I better unplug my computer and avoid the internet for a while so my wallet can recover...

captainamerica13800.jpg

Awesome Book Man!!!!! Your right is does present well...Rockin' cover Congrats!!!! :headbang: LOVE hearing the great stories behind these books and hearing about people willing to help other people!! SIMPLY AWESOME!!! Also wanted to say thanks to all of those who were so gracious to share their Cap #3's. If there isnt a club yet for that book there should be and I hope to someday be a part of it!!!!

captainamerica13800.jpg

:applause: [font:Times New Roman]Congratulations! Also, thanks for the donations update. It says a lot about the community here.[/font]

captainamerica13800.jpg

Wow, very nice! I wished I'd seen this!

That USA #8, in your Sig, looks like my old copy. I don't suppose you could post a bigger picture of it could you?

Thanks! Being from Hawaii, always wanted that "Pearl Harbor" Cap cover. Good luck in your quest for your Cap #3, gino2paulus2!

And here's a larger image of the USA 8. Too bad about that spine length tape stain, but it's still decent looking. I picked it up sometime in the early 90s.

usa8front1400.jpg

Thanks! Being from Hawaii, always wanted that "Pearl Harbor" Cap cover. Good luck in your quest for your Cap #3, gino2paulus2!

And here's a larger image of the USA 8. Too bad about that spine length tape stain, but it's still decent looking. I picked it up sometime in the early 90s.

usa8front1400.jpg

Wow! This is one of my all-time favorite covers! Thanks for posting!

If anyone has a "reasonably" priced under-copy, low to mid grade, of USA #8, please keep me in mind. :wishluck:

love me some usa 8. everyone should.

usa8.jpg

Absolutely! I remember the first time I saw this cover in one of the old Overstreet Guides. They had it as a crappy black & white photo but I just had to go back and look at it over and over!