• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,109 posts in this topic

Congrats Vern! At this rate we can put the Larson Marvel run together on the boards. You have #10, I have #11, and Billy has #12.

and I have the #8 & #14 :gossip:

West

Congrats Vern! At this rate we can put the Larson Marvel run together on the boards. You have #10, I have #11, and Billy has #12.

and I have the #8 & #14 :gossip:

West

I have no mmc larsons :(

I guess you can call me The Timely Kid now. I took advantage of Russ's MMW sale. Can't wait to read those Vagabond stories lol

I thought you despised those GA Cap stories. Are we going to get a book report?

I guess you can call me The Timely Kid now. I took advantage of Russ's MMW sale. Can't wait to read those Vagabond stories lol

I know but I'm willing to give them another try :) ... and I generally like the also-rans in Daring and USA. Book report hm I have been reading the first Atlas Heroes MMW. I might mention something about the Marvel Boy stories. We'll see.

I know but I'm willing to give them another try :) ... and I generally like the also-rans in Daring and USA. Book report hm I have been reading the first Atlas Heroes MMW. I might mention something about the Marvel Boy stories. We'll see.

I found the Captain America anti-commie stories quite enjoyable. I have the 60s reprints, but I've been meaning to sell them and get the Atlas MMW.

The Everett Sub-Mariner art is great, but I still can't read the Sub-Mariner stories. I don't know what it is, but they put me to sleep every time.

This is interesting. $350 for a brittle, restored, trimmed 2.0?!? Is this book really hot or something? Guide is $200.

I bought a 4.5 blue label on the boards not that long ago for $500. Crazy....

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=18031&Lot_No=71175

Thats insane ... $388 w/ BP!

Seems like all GA stuff has shot through the roof in the past year ... regardless of condition. Any guesses as to when the bubble will burst? Or is the end of ANY affordable GA books drawing near?

This is interesting. $350 for a brittle, restored, trimmed 2.0?!? Is this book really hot or something? Guide is $200.

Seems like all GA stuff has shot through the roof in the past year ... regardless of condition. Any guesses as to when the bubble will burst? Or is the end of ANY affordable GA books drawing near?

I am having a harder and harder time finding stuff to add to my collection, that's for sure....and it's not like my wantlist is small. Timelys are basically untouchable for me at this point, as I like my books to be in VG or better. I was hoping to add a decent Centaur soon, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon. Seems like I have to spend at least $500 to add anything decent, and that isn't easy to do because of school.

I am having a harder and harder time finding stuff to add to my collection, that's for sure....and it's not like my wantlist is small. Timelys are basically untouchable for me at this point, as I like my books to be in VG or better. I was hoping to add a decent Centaur soon, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon. Seems like I have to spend at least $500 to add anything decent, and that isn't easy to do because of school.

I know how you guys feel. Its getting tough out there!

Prices are through the roof. Which is good for people with big GA collections but not for us little guys who are just getting started :(

Prices are through the roof. Which is good for people with big GA collections

Only if they plan on selling them. If them plan on adding to them they are in the same pickle.

Prices are through the roof. Which is good for people with big GA collections

Only if they plan on selling them. If them plan on adding to them they are in the same pickle.

I guess I couldn't have picked a better time to sell some Caps and MMC !

woo hoo

Even the second stringers like Centaurs are getting out of reach... I think $500 seems to be the cut off for nice stuff, as October mentioned.

Anything less than that, and you are looking at a shabby book with bad PQ, or a book in decent grade, but nothing really going for it art/content-wise (this is a general statement based on my own tastes... I'm sure many people can still find some great looking humor/teen books for under $500! ... but forget about hero stuff, or nice books in the 1938 to 1942 era)).

Now that I've been exposed to some REALLY nice material in nice grades, its really hard to consider going back to GD, with browning pages.

Now that I've been exposed to some REALLY nice material in nice grades, its really hard to consider going back to GD, with browning pages.

Oh man, isn't that the truth. Comics are just like drugs. Every time you need just a little more, or a little better, to get high. :blush: