• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,107 posts in this topic

I know I'm not supposed to count my chickens before they hatch but this book will be on it's way any day now...I've wanted a Lloyd Jacquet book ever since I heard about the collection. A little piece of history. For those who don't know he was the publisher responsible for publishing early Timely books from Marvel Comics #1 onwards. Kind of a big deal if you know what I mean.

R.

SubMarinerComics18CGC8-5LloydJacque.jpg

I know I'm not supposed to count my chickens before they hatch but this book will be on it's way any day now...I've wanted a Lloyd Jacquet book ever since I heard about the collection. A little piece of history. For those who don't know he was the publisher responsible for publishing early Timely books from Marvel Comics #1 onwards. Kind of a big deal if you know what I mean.

R.

wow, that is a GREAT book...

JTM missed this (shrug)

R.

JTM missed this (shrug)

Nope. Used to own it. But I have a hard time keeping CRM/OW paged books in my permanent collection. Holding out for a 9.0 copy with better pages. :wishluck:

I've come to learn that PQ is not everything.

I have two c/ow books side by side and one looks much better. I swear if I resub my Mystic Comics #2 V2 it will come back with o/w pages.

My JIM #114 9.4 came back with o/w pages and I was positive it would come back ow/w with a shot at white pages. Just goes to show everything is subjective.

Any how, I'm excited. Kick arse book with a lineage that is tough to beat!

R.

R.

JTM missed this (shrug)

Nope. Used to own it. But I have a hard time keeping CRM/OW paged books in my permanent collection. Holding out for a 9.0 copy with better pages. :wishluck:

you are such a HG snob :baiting:

I have two c/ow books side by side and one looks much better. I swear if I resub my Mystic Comics #2 V2 it will come back with o/w pages.

My JIM #114 9.4 came back with o/w pages and I was positive it would come back ow/w with a shot at white pages. Just goes to show everything is subjective.

R.

you should be excited, that is a great looking copy...

R.

Thanks Gator.

Next time you talk to Wes, kick him in the nads for me.

lol

R.

JTM missed this (shrug)

you are such a HG snob :baiting:

:acclaim:

R.

It is. And I didn't mean to rain on your parade Roy, it is indeed a very cool copy that you'll hopefully enjoy for years. (thumbs u

R.

It is. And I didn't mean to rain on your parade Roy, it is indeed a very cool copy that you'll hopefully enjoy for years. (thumbs u

Didn't take it in a neg way at all, G. Just stating that I've evolved a bit out of the PQ struggle and have other criteria that i consider more important some times. To each his own.

Does anyone have a list of books that came out of the LJ Estate ?

Jerry Weist maybe?

R.

R.

It's actually not that hard to make an objective evaluation of PQ -- especially when compared to other attributes that collectively make up a "grade." That is not the same thing as saying that CGC is perfectly consistent in the PQ designation.

With regards to the Lloyd Jacquet file copies you don't really have much choice about PQ as they all seem to be Cr-Ow (or perhaps Lt Tan). If you want an LJ file copy (which seems like an interesting piece of history to me (thumbs u ) then you have to accept a lower PQ.

and this one. tho' i am having a pretty easy time keeping it in my collection permanently.

silverstreak1f.jpg

that one would look nice in my collection too...

will trade you my SS 1 and a stick of wrigley?

and this one. tho' i am having a pretty easy time keeping it in my collection permanently.

silverstreak1f.jpg

Love seeing this particular copy is this particular issue.

Blows my mind!!! (worship)

wonder what the whole shopping list was in the Jacquet estate find?