• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

(worship)

Four days since a post in the Timely thread :o

terrytoons07cgc.jpg

well, i had to give up a heckuva book in trade to get these 2 upgrades, but i keep telling myself that i'm a timely collector first and foremost, so i'm gonna be okay. they are a couple pretty yella books, i think.

uc's in the market tonite.

sm12.jpg

sm14.jpg

well, i had to give up a heckuva book in trade to get these 2 upgrades, but i keep telling myself that i'm a timely collector first and foremost, so i'm gonna be okay. they are a couple pretty yella books, i think.

sm12.jpg

[

17377fbc.gif Good lord that is a very fine, I say, very fine funny book!

I've lusted after a copy for 35 years but this issue seems to be horded even more than most Timelys. I can't wait to see your UC! (thumbs u

well, i had to give up a heckuva book in trade to get these 2 upgrades,

sm12.jpg

sm14.jpg

Congrats Geek. Those definitely are not boat anchors.

sm12.jpg

My goodness, banana yellow, lovely!

sm12.jpg

sm14.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Those are purdy! (thumbs u

smiley-char156.gif > Congrats, a Timely acquisition indeed![/font] lol

A great cover Marty (thumbs u

Thanks...he's another but not in the best of shape after all these years.

8787824258_4b971cc1b3.jpg

mm

That contraption looks awfully complicated for a simple beheading, and once again Toro apparently forgets that he can just burn free from bondage. I wonder if as the war was winding down, Schomburg was told " turn those Japanese into evil elves".

Another of my all-time favorites! (thumbs u

[font:Times New Roman]Agreed! :headbang:

MM#66 is one of Schomburg's greatest Torch covers, in my estimation.

In addition to being a superb cover, the irony of Imperial Japan unleashing a WMD (Death-ray) on New York City in the final days of the war when combined with a cover date that bookends our own nuclear game-changer and the official surrender of Japan makes this art special on several levels.[/font]