• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Roy's copy, George? Its tempted me for years, glad it landed in your collection. Must just pop in a mylar.

It's my old copy. Sad to see it go as it's been my fave for years. I've never seen a 1940 book look that nice. It literally blows you away in hand. George was the first guy to ask me about it when I first got it so when I got serious about selling I figured his collection was the best place for it.

I'd love to get it back one day.

Finally arrived, after a heck of a shipping ordeal. Now, the question is, do I go after a # 1? hm

[

Stunning book! As for the MC #1, I say if you can find a copy you can afford, go for it.

Be sure to post the picture here so I can live vicariously through you! :devil:

Roy's copy, George? Its tempted me for years, glad it landed in your collection. Must just pop in a mylar.

It's my old copy. Sad to see it go as it's been my fave for years. I've never seen a 1940 book look that nice. It literally blows you away in hand. George was the first guy to ask me about it when I first got it so when I got serious about selling I figured his collection was the best place for it.

I'd love to get it back one day.

Happy to see that copy in a fellow boardie's collection. I still have that super clean copy of MMC #2 you sold me many moon's ago. These are beautiful books, and the pro-resto is virtually invisible, like newsstand fresh. :cloud9:

Finally arrived, after a heck of a shipping ordeal. Now, the question is, do I go after a # 1? hm

MarvelMysteryComics49_0ow.jpg

:applause: That's a spectacular book. One of my two favorite Schomburg covers (along with Daring Mystery Comics #1).

Here is a better scan of the book from when I used to own it

marvel4_zps222b04f0.jpg

MarvelMysteryComics49_0ow.jpg

:applause: That's a spectacular book. One of my two favorite Schomburg covers (along with Daring Mystery Comics #1).

Here is a better scan of the book from when I used to own it

marvel4_zps222b04f0.jpg

That does look better but on the other scan you can play checkers on Subby's chest.

Looking through everyone's awesome books, it gives me something to aspire to! Thank you, everyone; for giving me something to aim for in the future.

I Forgot to say Welcome! and don't forget to post your purchases! (thumbs u