• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

I like that cover. Congratulations! :applause:
Went away with the family for a few days and this was waiting for me when I got home. :)

null_zps394ea1da.jpg

Best cover of the run. Congrats!

+1 :applause:

Thanks fellas. :)

Any guesses on cover artist? GDC says Schomburg?

Schomburg gets my vote - those evil Nazis are definitely drawn Schomburg.

I like that cover. Congratulations! :applause:
Went away with the family for a few days and this was waiting for me when I got home. :)

null_zps394ea1da.jpg

Best cover of the run. Congrats!

+1 :applause:

Thanks fellas. :)

Any guesses on cover artist? GDC says Schomburg?

Schomburg gets my vote - those evil Nazis are definitely drawn Schomburg.

+1

Bought it from Metro yesterday. I was negotiating for a stack of GA when I saw it on the wall and it was love when I pulled it out of the sleeve. It has really nice gloss and white pages. Metro graded it a 7.5 and I agree. Its main problem is some tearing at the staple on the back cover. The gloss and pages on this are the nicest I have ever seen on a Timely and I own a few white pagers.

P.S. I love my wife. She didn't even bat an eye when I announced that I wanted this book instead of the stack of GA we had spent the previous 30 minutes talking about. :grin:

Awesome and congrats, what a rush to own such a nice copy.

Bought it from Metro yesterday. I was negotiating for a stack of GA when I saw it on the wall and it was love when I pulled it out of the sleeve. It has really nice gloss and white pages. Metro graded it a 7.5 and I agree. Its main problem is some tearing at the staple on the back cover. The gloss and pages on this are the nicest I have ever seen on a Timely and I own a few white pagers.

P.S. I love my wife. She didn't even bat an eye when I announced that I wanted this book instead of the stack of GA we had spent the previous 30 minutes talking about. :grin:

Awesome and congrats, what a rush to own such a nice copy.

Thanks! :cloud9:

nice! i love to pick-up "cf detached" books, as it's a virtually meaningless flaw to me in a slab, yet the hammering they give it in grading gives you a comic that looks so much better than the number.

Thank you guys!

nice! i love to pick-up "cf detached" books, as it's a virtually meaningless flaw to me in a slab, yet the hammering they give it in grading gives you a comic that looks so much better than the number.

(thumbs u Agreed. A friend on the boards put me on to cf detached books, and so far I've been lucky to find some nice ones I think.

Since the topic was brought up, here's another "cf detached" book I'm presently paying off.

null_zpsf5864f7c.jpg

Great copy! I wonder if Schomburg meant this to be a decapitation cover? The 2nd guy Toro is flying through; his head looks a little far away from his body to me. hm Edited by mdktkd2

Since the topic was brought up, here's another "cf detached" book I'm presently paying off.

null_zpsf5864f7c.jpg

Great copy! I wonder if Schomburg meant this to be a decapitation cover? The 2nd guy Toro is flying through; his head looks a little far away from his body to me. hm

Thank you. Good point, either way I'm sure that would've been the outcome a second later.

null_zpsf5864f7c.jpg

Great copy! I wonder if Schomburg meant this to be a decapitation cover? The 2nd guy Toro is flying through; his head looks a little far away from his body to me. hm

Thank you. Good point, either way I'm sure that would've been the outcome a second later. Had to have a copy of this book when I first saw the cover. Finally a copy worked out for me. One of my personal favs.

sm1.jpg

Ooh..look at the spine on that one!

I know this one has a little rust at the staple as well, but I've looked at the scan from when it sold 10 years ago and it hasn't gotten any worse.

Either way, I don't care too much because it is a wonderful comic and from one of my top two favorite pedigrees :cloud9:

Sub-Mariner1Larson_zps97ce027b.jpg

sm1.jpg

Ooh..look at the spine on that one!

I know this one has a little rust at the staple as well, but I've looked at the scan from when it sold 10 years ago and it hasn't gotten any worse.

Either way, I don't care too much because it is a wonderful comic and from one of my top two favorite pedigrees :cloud9:

Sub-Mariner1Larson_zps97ce027b.jpg

That is indeed a pretty book, Bill. (worship)

Everyone at RHG's Party was blown away by your recent acquisitions, not the least of which your's truly.