• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Collectors! Should X-Men Special Edition #1 be in the X-Men Complete sets?

10 posts in this topic

Awhile back a fellow Boardie requested that X-Men Special Edition #1 be added to the X-Men Complete sets. I chimed in and said I didnt't think it belonged since I just considered it a reprint of Giant Size #1, but after seeing it listed in the Official Index of the Marvel Universe #4, and the fact it has a new 12 page story in it (I forgot about that) I think maybe it should go in.

Just to let you know I'm fine either way. I just thought I'd get input from the other X-Collectors here.

I wouldn't be against it. I also think the "Astonishing X-Men" 4 issue mini-series (age of apocolypse) from the early 90's should also be included since it "replaced" Uncanny X-Men for the four months it came out. That to me makes more sense than this reprint.

I wouldn't be against it. I also think the "Astonishing X-Men" 4 issue mini-series (age of apocolypse) from the early 90's should also be included since it "replaced" Uncanny X-Men for the four months it came out. That to me makes more sense than this reprint.

I always thought that to have a complete Uncanny run you also needed the Astonishing X-Men mini-series. I don't know how that would fit into the set if if they were added... Probably between issues 321 (2/95) and 322 (7/95).

I always thought that to have a complete Uncanny run you also needed the Astonishing X-Men mini-series. I don't know how that would fit into the set if if they were added... Probably between issues 321 (2/95) and 322 (7/95).

(thumbs u

I don't have an opinion on the Special Edition, but no :sumo: to the Astonishing X-Men first series.
How can you say that? They suspended UXM and replaced it with that "alternate reality" series. It was part of the continuing UXM storyline. While the Special edition was just a reprint that ran concurrent with UXM.

The Astonishing X-Men Saga is basically a reprint of the first handful of third series of ASX-Men issues, yet it was included in the registry set.

The first Astonishing X-Men series started over at #1 and is essentially a self contained story/series. Plus, it was stupid. That was when I stopped collecting. I could see the whole thing as having it's own registry set, but don't go mucking with the existing sets. They are screwed up enough with all that Pressman krap and variants anyways.

I've already requested an Age of Apocalypse set, as well as a set for the Astonishing X-Men Vol 1 series. If you were to add those issues into to UXM you'd have to also do it for the following sets:

Amazing X-Men -> X-Men (1991 - )

Factor X -> X-Factor

Weapon X -> Wolverine

X-Calibre -> Excalibur

X-Men Chronicles -> X-Men Unlimited

Generation Next -> Generation X

Gambit & the X-Ternals -> X-Force

X-Man -> Cable (Cable series paused although X-Man continued after issue #4)

I think if we had an Age Of Apocaplypse set it would be fine. No need to add Astonishing Vol 1 into the UXM sets, even though I have them. :devil:

Awhile back a fellow Boardie requested that X-Men Special Edition #1 be added to the X-Men Complete sets. I chimed in and said I didnt't think it belonged since I just considered it a reprint of Giant Size #1, but after seeing it listed in the Official Index of the Marvel Universe #4, and the fact it has a new 12 page story in it (I forgot about that) I think maybe it should go in.

Just to let you know I'm fine either way. I just thought I'd get input from the other X-Collectors here.

That was me! That was me!

Great to have you on board! YES, please add Special Edition X-Men #1.

Thanks!