• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your other vices (besides comics)?

132 posts in this topic

Baseball

Sports and Non Sports Cards

Antique Auctions

HBO programs (just about all of them)

18th and 19th century U. S. ephemera

Civil War documents, currency, etc.

Annual Wiffle Ball League (2 time defending champs)

vinyl records

music - Led Zep, Foo Fighters

18th & 19th centry occult books (going to sell them to feed the comic obbession)

Red Sox (when in the states)

Films

searching charity shops for & reselling for a huge profit

keeping the voices in my head at bay with lager & the internet

oh I forgot, taking my time in a comic shop to find the best possible condition (maybe for furture cgc submitting) of a comic, only for the counter staff to flap it about while talking to their goth friends or for them to bend it so they can scan it rather than (god forbid) they take the PORTIBLE SCANNER off its bloomin handle & scan it. thats when the voices in my head tell me, theres always room for one more body under the floor... :insane:

Well as you can tell from the name I like my Boxing (I go to about 1 or 2 title fights a year, usually Atlantic City)

I also work out on a daily basis. I enjoy drug free bodybuilding because of the dedictation envolved. never competed but have been told I should.

Those are my two favorite hobbies along with the occassional comic book purchase.

And of course spending time with my girlfriend.

British Electronic Music

Who do you listen to?

Depeche Mode

Erasure (nothing really exceptional since Chorus), Yaz(oo) - Vince Clark fan in general. He did a great remix of Franz Ferdinand's No You Girls.

Pet Shop Boys

LoverushUK

Ladytron

Some Chemical Brothers

New Order/Electronic

Paul Oakenfold

Big fan of decent remixes as well.

I like Röyksopp too, but technically they're Norwegian.

I prefer lyrics. An incessant thumping with no vocals drives me mad.

British Electronic Music

Who do you listen to?

Depeche Mode

Erasure (nothing really exceptional since Chorus), Yaz(oo) - Vince Clark fan in general. He did a great remix of Franz Ferdinand's No You Girls.

Pet Shop Boys

LoverushUK

Ladytron

Some Chemical Brothers

New Order/Electronic

Paul Oakenfold

Big fan of decent remixes as well.

I like Röyksopp too, but technically they're Norwegian.

I prefer lyrics. An incessant thumping with no vocals drives me mad.

My wife loves Depeche Mode. If you like remixes, you might want to check out The K&D Sessions, a double album by Kruder & Dorfmeister. There are a couple Depeche Mode remixes on it.

Fine cocktails and tiki drinks. Current favorite is the Manhattan, one of the top three cocktails ever invented.

Magic - mostly with cards.

If my private life keeps going the way it's going, "young girls and gin will be the cure."