• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious question for CGC...

57 posts in this topic

THE POWER OF DICE COMPELS YOU!

Oh, please. For once in your life you finally had perfect timing. :whatev:

At least let him enjoy the moment. Maybe it will lead to a happier board member.

Oh, this was from Dice. Uhhhhh, maybe not.

At least let him enjoy the moment. Maybe it will lead to a happier board member.

Dice wouldn't be happy if he were caught naked in p :censored: y storm.

Having put up with it for years now, I've decided to ask the obvious question...

When using the online submission form through the Collector's Society, is there any reason the following changes can't be made to the code so it's a *little* easier to do the submission?

• Quantity defaults to "0": Who submits zero books? Why can't it default to "1" so we don't have to type the obvious "1" on every single line?
  • Have the "Publisher" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed. Monotonous typing that doesn't have to exist.
  • Have the "Title" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed.

These little changes would make it SO much easier to do a long submission. Can you guys do something about it? :foryou:

Pretty please? :foryou::foryou:

Perfect timing on this post. We were just discussing some improvements to the online forms that will be coming soon.

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

Steve, strike while the iron is hot man... next ask them to release their grading standards and Plitch's SS #

Dice wouldn't be happy if he were caught naked in p :censored: y storm.

Dude. I'm always happy. :grin:

Having put up with it for years now, I've decided to ask the obvious question...

When using the online submission form through the Collector's Society, is there any reason the following changes can't be made to the code so it's a *little* easier to do the submission?

• Quantity defaults to "0": Who submits zero books? Why can't it default to "1" so we don't have to type the obvious "1" on every single line?
  • Have the "Publisher" field hold on to the last entered value until it's changed. Monotonous typing that doesn't have to exist.

These little changes would make it SO much easier to do a long submission. Can you guys do something about it? :foryou:

Perfect timing on this post. We were just discussing some improvements to the online forms that will be coming soon.

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo:

Steve, strike while the iron is hot man... next ask them to release their grading standards and Plitch's SS #

magic8balllr1.jpg

wow, I didn't know Dice carried so much weight....maybe we are done with the Nik bump and onto the Dice dump (worship)

Vini Vidi Dicey

That has to be better than "Veni, veni, V.D."

-slym (That translates to "I came, I came, I chancred.")

Since dena jumped in on this saying they were looking at changes, one of the things that really irritates/annoys me when I use the online submission form (like am doing at this moment) is that if you want to pay with a MO you have to have the MO order number in order to finish the online form.

This means I have to fill out the form to see how much the total cost is going to be, then run to the post office (because that is who I use for MOs), and then come back and fill out the form again completely since I now have my MO. You can't get a MO number until you know how much to get the MO for. It seems like it would much easier to be able to handwrite that number on the form.

Since dena jumped in on this saying they were looking at changes, one of the things that really irritates/annoys me when I use the online submission form (like am doing at this moment) is that if you want to pay with a MO you have to have the MO order number in order to finish the online form.

This means I have to fill out the form to see how much the total cost is going to be, then run to the post office (because that is who I use for MOs), and then come back and fill out the form again completely since I now have my MO. You can't get a MO number until you know how much to get the MO for. It seems like it would much easier to be able to handwrite that number on the form.

Good God. doh!

Good God. doh!

That's your funniest post ever, Chris. lol

I tried to do an online submission form for some onsite grading at WWLA (sigh) last year....I had 42 books....and every time I went to the next step after adding each book line by line by line....it would error out and not take the submission, and then when I went back, the submission form would be wiped clean.

After talking on the phone with somebody who didn't really understand the problem and just suggested I "try it again", I finally talked to someone who said "oh, the online onsite submission forms have a limit of 30 books you can add at a time to one invoice. After that, you have to create a new one."

Of course, it took me about 4 tries to get that response, and I still couldn't print out an invoice correctly (there was apparently some bug that went undiscovered up to that point), and had to write them all out at the table on Friday anyways.

I wasted about 3 hours of my life in this process. ;)

Good God. doh!

:acclaim:

Good God. doh!

You have low standards.

Good God. doh!

You have low standards.

No, if you paid attention, you would know that Chris hardly ever posts like that, so it was funny.