• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thinking of submitting a book with a stain...

17 posts in this topic

I have a very nice looking book that would grade 8.0 or higher without 2 very small stains on the back cover. Should I bother submitting the book? whats the highest grade a book can get with a small stain? This book has white pages and high gloss.

I have a very nice looking book that would grade 8.0 or higher without 2 very small stains on the back cover. Should I bother submitting the book? whats the highest grade a book can get with a small stain? This book has white pages and high gloss.

Do NOT submit a book w/ stains , or A stain !!! They will KILL it !

Trust me!

I had several that were 8.0+ , they came back 4.5 ! ... meh

Trust me!

ouch - ok you just confirmed it for me (thumbs u thanks

Trust me!

4.5? Was it a skid mark? Jeez! :eek:

Sorry, but I'm going to call bullshat on that one.

Trust me!

Call whatever you'd like dice-bag. :P

Trust me!

No Dice is correct, haven't you heard?..Today is HIS day.

And wtf were you doing sending in possible 8.0 type books WITH stains? They look beter in your closet lighting or what?

And to the OP, what book is it and what type of stains are they (do they go through the cover, affect the interiors etc..) it matters when deciding if it is worth slabbing.

Trust me!

And wtf were you doing sending in possible 8.0 type books WITH stains? They look beter in your closet lighting or what?

And to the OP, what book is it and how bad are the stains (do they go through the cover, affect the interiorss etc..) it matters when deciding if it is worth slabbing.

Zee , don't know if you remember that CAP #111 that I posted about a year ago , and there was a lot of disscussion about it b/c it looked real nice but had a faint stain that you could barely see , but it went thru to the back. And that's what killed it. Another did'nt go thru to the back , but they still knocked it considerably!.

B~

I hear ya hooks, and yes I agree they do downgrade severely for almost every type of stain. But in the case of your Cap book, if it went from front to back, and all pages in between. Well that's not really just one stain..but looked at more as 18..hence the hammering.

I hear ya hooks, and yes I agree they do downgrade severely for almost every type of stain. But in the case of your Cap book, if it went from front to back, and all pages in between. Well that's not really just one stain..but looked at more as 18..hence the hammering.

(thumbs u

Bah, that's nothing you should see his Playboy's :gossip::olol

Stains kill...grades.

A 9.6 book with a small stain would get downgraded to an 8.0/8.5.

An 8.0 book with stains that affect the cover and pages would get hammered.

What's the book?

How bad is the stain?

Scan?

It's an un-restored Action 1 - do you think I should send it in anyways? hm

it's actually a FF48 - I already have one graded at 6.5w so I don't want to bother with it unless it comes back higher. (looking to upgrade) this particular book has not been purchased yet (should have mentioned that I'm only considering buying it) and most likely I will never purchase it. I was looking at it closer yesterday at my LCS and not only are there 2 stains on the bc but now I notice that the centerfold is ever so slightly coming detached at the bottom staple. So no go.. Thanks for the help guys.

I've been referencing the newer OSPG grading guide and starting to think maybe I should shelf it. Anyone that has one handy - take a look at page 109. This 9.8 GI JOE 21 has a stain very similar to what I'm talking about on the LLC corner box. Except there are 2 of them on the back cover of this 48 and they have a darker color to them. CGC wouldn't grade this book at 9.8 with that stain would they? hm

Trust me!

And to the OP, what book is it and how bad are the stains (do they go through the cover, affect the interiorss etc..) it matters when deciding if it is worth slabbing.

Zee , don't know if you remember that CAP #111 that I posted about a year ago , and there was a lot of disscussion about it b/c it looked real nice but had a faint stain that you could barely see , but it went thru to the back. And that's what killed it. Another did'nt go thru to the back , but they still knocked it considerably!.

B~

Well hell, phooks, if the stain goes through the book, yes, they'd hammer the hell out of it. From the OP talking about 2 small stains, then your reply of the sky is falling and it will grade a 4.5.

My original statement stands. Your comment was bullshat. :sumo:

Dice has spoken. :foryou:

Trust me!

B~

Well hell, phooks, if the stain goes through the book, yes, they'd hammer the hell out of it. From the OP talking about 2 small stains, then your reply of the sky is falling and it will grade a 4.5.

My original statement stands. Your comment was bullshat. :sumo:

Dice has spoken. :foryou:

They still hammer , even if they don't go thru. I used that example b/c you can't even see the stain w/out a micro . on that particular one. There are many other examples , but I am very busy man. :whistle:

So , my statement stands ! NO Bullshat .. :makepoint:

They still hammer , even if they don't go thru. I used that example b/c you can't even see the stain w/out a micro . on that particular one. There are many other examples , but I am very busy man. :whistle:

Does that post come in English? hm

I understood you so much better when you used the ................................. to separate ................... your .....................................................................words. :makepoint:

:baiting:

Does that post come in English? hm

I understood you so much better when you used the ................................. to separate ................... your .....................................................................words. :makepoint:

:baiting:

:roflmao: NO English for YOU ! , Next ! ......................... :makepoint: