• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confused about ordering bag and boards

29 posts in this topic

i order silver age bags/boards and stick everything in there.

(thumbs u

This is the only way to go. No having to buy "modern" bags, that and you know everything will fit nicely inside a box. (Wait...should that be in the OCD thread?)

Silver mylites/mylites2 are too wide to fit in a regular comic book box, though.

One seller must of had all his comics in mylites2 and some of them don't fit into my comic boxes. I am guessing that they are the silvers.

Yeah, probably - the silvers are 7 3/4" wide. I use the Gerber Silver/Golden boxes for those.

i order silver age bags/boards and stick everything in there.

(thumbs u

This is the only way to go. No having to buy "modern" bags, that and you know everything will fit nicely inside a box. (Wait...should that be in the OCD thread?)

Silver mylites/mylites2 are too wide to fit in a regular comic book box, though.

One seller must of had all his comics in mylites2 and some of them don't fit into my comic boxes. I am guessing that they are the silvers.

Yeah, probably - the silvers are 7 3/4" wide. I use the Gerber Silver/Golden boxes for those.

You guys have nicer collections than mine. The short box, bags and boards with all the comics probably cost me less than the cost of one of those boxes. :grin:

Seriously, I am looking to get my comics out of these comic boxes and on to the shelves. But it's good to know that they do make wider comic boxes.

If you're selling cheap comics at a convention or elsewhere, resealable bags save a lot of time when you're bagging a ton of comics. Putting two pieces of tape on the back of each comic is a major time sink if you're trying to get comics ready by the longbox.

(They're also preferable for cheap books that you won't take in and out.)

Otherwise, as everyone else is saying.. Mylites2 and fullbacks are my personal choice for more expensive books.

I highly recommend avoiding the flip & stick bags.

Especially when wearing Spiderman body paint!

Think of all the money you'll save come Halloween this year. It's not like any of those kids are going to come trick or treating at your house again ANYTIME soon.

Age old question, I use 2's with halfs. How do I get them to stay closed? I have used the pricing dots and they always come open. I tried to prefold the flaps before I put books in, but it never seems to work. do you put the issues in then crease then seal? They always seem non-tight and bowed at the top where the crease is.

help!!!

I only use flip & stick bags for books that I'm selling - I'd never use them for any of my own keeper books.

I also use the flip and stick bags when I'm selling raw/inexpensive comics. Higher end comics I use mylite2's. Hotflips is the only way to go!!! (thumbs u

I also use the CGC Flip and stick bags for my CGC graded comics and everyone that has purchased slabs from me LOVE them!!

Brian

Yes I do but I can't seem to find them on Hotflips website.

Do you just need to email them to buy them?

Age old question, I use 2's with halfs. How do I get them to stay closed? I have used the pricing dots and they always come open. I tried to prefold the flaps before I put books in, but it never seems to work. do you put the issues in then crease then seal? They always seem non-tight and bowed at the top where the crease is.

help!!!

Crease the flap before putting the book in. I use the handle part of a pair of scissor to crease the flap, and I have no problem with it staying closed. I don't use tape or dots or anything - just put the book in the box.

I only use flip & stick bags for books that I'm selling - I'd never use them for any of my own keeper books.

I also use the flip and stick bags when I'm selling raw/inexpensive comics. Higher end comics I use mylite2's. Hotflips is the only way to go!!! (thumbs u

I also use the CGC Flip and stick bags for my CGC graded comics and everyone that has purchased slabs from me LOVE them!!

Brian

Yes I do but I can't seem to find them on Hotflips website.

Do you just need to email them to buy them?

We are currently out of the Flip-N-Stick CGC bags at this time. They have been quite popular thanks to all of you. They are coming on the next container which should be about 3-4 weeks.

Thanks,

Jeff