• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on PQ in regard to sales value

57 posts in this topic

What percentage would you say that sales value fluctuates based on PQ on any book in general? I know the extreme difference between WP and Cr/Ow has a large bearing on the value of your average book, but do some people have a breakdown opinion on the percentage between all variations? I would assume that the difference between ow/w and ow are not too far apart.

I know that the era of the book makes it less of a factor, ie; GA vs.BA, etc. and Key books would be less affected, but what would you say the % difference would be? I thought that since some people use their own barometer on the value of PLOD's against Universal, how much does PQ affect value at each level in your opinion?

My apologies if this has already been discussed ad nauseum, but any fresh thoughts would be appreciated.

As I am not into the GA market (for now), COW are my kryptonite. I will not even consider a SA or newer book with COW PQ. I had a chance to purchase a FF #1 with COW PQ, at a decent price, but chose to pass due to the PQ (with the accompanying tanning halo)

For SA it's OW or better

BA and above OWW or better.

For SA and early BA books I am willing to generally go 10% maybe a bit higher above GPA for WP

I have to admit that while I'd love to have minty white pages on all my books,it's not much of a factor for me.I like cream to off white to white pages,does'nt matter to me.The only thing I wont touch is tan or brittle.I can see white pages getting more of a premium,but not that much more. 2c

If it's Silver Age raw and I plan to read it, I like off-white.

If it is 8.5, or better, slabbed Silver, then I hold out for perfect QP and white PQ -- as it then more of a presentation piece (and I don't have to buy every book that I see).

Well I wish I had an answer for you. I would think I would since I only collect at least ow/w books. (I do not collect GA) But unfortunately I do not have any valid sales input. My opinions are probably run of the mill:

As one would think though, I feel the biggest jump in price is from a SA cream to ow - to that of an ow. Cream an SA don't mix I feel. Obviously in the Bronze arena it just "aint" happening at all.

For me I have never had anything drop my jaw so to say, from a ow to ow/w in SA books. Granted I have noticed a couple key books have a hefty hike.

From an ow/w to a w there is a fairly substantial bump in price in SA.

I would love to hear some sales data if there is. That way I could finally figure out how much extra money I wasted sticking to my at least ow/w goal!

What percentage would you say that sales value fluctuates based on PQ on any book in general? I know the extreme difference between WP and Cr/Ow has a large bearing on the value of your average book, but do some people have a breakdown opinion on the percentage between all variations? I would assume that the difference between ow/w and ow are not too far apart.

I know that the era of the book makes it less of a factor, ie; GA vs.BA, etc. and Key books would be less affected, but what would you say the % difference would be? I thought that since some people use their own barometer on the value of PLOD's against Universal, how much does PQ affect value at each level in your opinion?

My apologies if this has already been discussed ad nauseum, but any fresh thoughts would be appreciated.

I think it can affect the sale price of a book between 10%-20% given various factors such as key/nonkey (where the biggest spread will be seen i feel) and then the available/not-available will be even larger.

On SA DC, C/OW isnt that big of a deal as it seems many more of those books have C/OW. On DC's i would see it working not as a discount on C/OW, but a premium paid for White pages.

If I were still collecting, I would focus on just buying C-C/OW PQ books as obviously some collectors don't go after such books, hence less competition. There are plenty who know the page quality (other than brittle pages) has little relevance to the to the overall condition of the book, or its condition going forward (especially if the books are being stored correctly).

From GPA's point of view, we see the "cream" factor making some dent in the overall average price, but other times it doesn't factor in at all.

Pure WP early Marvel and DCs, in my opinion, deserve at least a 2x value.

hm I have always tacked 10% on guide when buying white. I'd actually regret seeing it become a 2x factor.

A side by side comparison would be instructive. (I wonder if anyone has a deep enough raw collection that a scan comparison could be made of the same page of a book in white and again in a darker hue?)

If I were still collecting, I would focus on just buying C-C/OW PQ books as obviously some collectors don't go after such books, hence less competition. There are plenty who know the page quality (other than brittle pages) has little relevance to the to the overall condition of the book, or its condition going forward (especially if the books are being stored correctly).

From GPA's point of view, we see the "cream" factor making some dent in the overall average price, but other times it doesn't factor in at all.

Please dont post this stuff.

If it doesnt have white pages its junk

Of course I personally have no problems with c'ow pages, and prefer not paying a premium for page quality on a book I wont crack anyways.

:olol

:olol

I cant help it. Almost all of my tecs have c/ow. I feel no different towards them then the white page counterparts.

white pages or ow/w will command the highest prices....'nuff said... 2c

you know what is funny....

I bet I could show some folks (not all, but many) a c/ow cgc designated book, and an ow or ow/w paged book, and if they didn't know which was which, they would scratch their heads...