• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could go back...

If you could go back in time and collect EITHER (not both) of the Batman series (from Batman #1) or the Superman series (from Superman #1), up to present day. Which one would you choose?  

360 members have voted

1. 1. If you could go back in time and collect EITHER (not both) of the Batman series (from Batman #1) or the Superman series (from Superman #1), up to present day. Which one would you choose?

43 posts in this topic

Batman had the Joker. Superman had Streaky the super cat and Beppo the super monkey. I think I'll go with Batman.

I would choose Batman too, but to be fair...Batman did have "BAT MITE":

batmite_BIG.jpg

and Crazy Quilt:

crazy-quilt.jpg

That's what we call a draw on the lame-o-meter.

C

Batman had the Joker. Superman had Streaky the super cat and Beppo the super monkey. I think I'll go with Batman.

batmite_BIG.jpg

and Crazy Quilt:

crazy-quilt.jpg

C

What??? Batmite was cool! And no one could crochet like the Crazy Quilt!

A little end-'o-de-week poll action...

Ten years ago I would have said Batman without hesitation, since I love the Batman and Tec runs of ALL the ages and he'll always be one of my favorite characters. But for me, the focus of your question naturally gravitates to the golden age runs, since the silver to modern stuff is easy enough to track down today unless you're looking for the nosebleed high grades.

The first thirty or so issues of Superman are wonderful (and incidentally, contain some of DC's most iconic war covers). I've come to really love the earliest Siegel and Shuster work on Superman...it reads exactly as you'd expect, like the product of two excited kids remaking the world with their hero. It's charming, dynamic and lots of fun.

Very close call since I love 'em both, but... Supes for me. :)

batmite_BIG.jpg

and Crazy Quilt:

crazy-quilt.jpg

C

Yeah but Bat Mite was the best part of RIP :whistle:

I myself would lean toward the Bats just because of the Joker

I myself would lean toward the Bats just because of the Joker

It's a good point actually. That alone could swing me back towards choosing the Batman run. Lots of really nice Joker stories & covers scattered all the way from GA to MA.

If I had a time machine comics would be the last thing on my mind :devil:

But since you asked I guess I would go with Batman. I never really read any old books of either character but batman is one of my favorite characters, I love his villians.

If I could go back, I'd try to do something productive like

get a lap dance from Marilyn Monroe.

:cloud9:

How exactly would you accomplish that? you'd have to be great baseball player or be the Ruler of the Free world...Freakin' impossible!! hey that's why I just settle for the Impersonators at my local strip joint..believe me..they're just as good..if not better!! :cloud9:

If I could go back, I'd try to do something productive like

get a lap dance from Marilyn Monroe.

:cloud9:

How exactly would you accomplish that? you'd have to be great baseball player or be the Ruler of the Free world...Freakin' impossible!! hey that's why I just settle for the Impersonators at my local strip joint..believe me..they're just as good..if not better!! :cloud9:

First, offer her some pills - then, offer her a shower. I read from a bio done by her former housekeeper that MM's personal hygiene wasn't the best...

-slym