• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beer will do that to ya...

57 posts in this topic

I got drunk at lunch once and went and bought a $120 purse.

Is the purse large enough to accommodate a comic book or two? Or a slab? :shrug:

Actually, it can hold about 5 slabbed books, a water bottle, a sweater, and other things and still have room in it. Best drunken $120 I've ever spent! It was only an issue when my dad checked my bank account and noticed I was negative about $100. Whoops. (Props to my dad, though, who called me right after I bought a necklace at the Dior store in NYC to inform me I only had $50 left. He does this all the time. Kind of creepy.)

I was a bit inebriated when I accidently bid 5,000 on an early Captain America (15). It went for a little over 500.00 but I am glad I have the book :-)

Sometimes after drinking/bidding I am afraid to look at my email the next morning :wishluck:

There's nothing more embarrassing than to wake up and find out you have won 6 copies of La Blue Girl, most in ridiculous bidding wars with the same guy whom you thought you were being obnoxious to, but who was actually making you spend more money than you wanted (or have) on things you don't need.

NOT... that this has happened to me, mind you.

:whistle:

-slym

Sometimes after drinking/bidding I am afraid to look at my email the next morning :wishluck:

Oh god, you and me both. Also, logging in here and seeing the flashing envelope icon, wondering as you click it "Is this going to be a buddy PM'ing me, or did I hammer the :takeit: guy last night?" The latter happened once, but it happened to the tune of well over a grand (several different sales threads). I of course had the cash, but my car waited a little longer than I planned for new tires. :D

lol everytime I go Christmas shopping I always pound a few at the restaurant/bar in the mall to make the spending a little easier. Spent a little too much on an ASM 300 before the (terrible) movie came out thinking that said movie would raise the price of the book to $300... whoops.

I'm a DC collector but when drunk I bought this:

Marvel1Denver.jpg

still trying to justify it.

:o Tell me what your drink is and I'll buy you a case...then you can sell that book to me. :insane:

Seriously though... (worship)

I'm a DC collector but when drunk I bought this:

:o

Marvel1Denver.jpg

still trying to justify it.

HOLY !!!!!!!

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o(shrug):o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I've made some crazy $400-$600.00 Ebay buys on an "assisted" physiology. However, this?...

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:odoh!

oh, and I mean this post in the utmost respect! :headbang: