• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Mysteries #5

34 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the pricing info and/or grades of the two nice copies that sold on Comic Link (maybe six months ago).

As I recall , they were sold for very reasonable prices.

Don't know about 6 months ago, but I remember that something like a year ago they had one in 7.5? Don't recall the final price as I can't find my notes on that auction :makepoint:

Yeah, it may have been about a year ago. And they had TWO graded copies end about the same time. I seem to remember the 7.5 selling for around $1100, which seemed like a bargain.

The other , slightly lesser copy, maybe a 6.5 sold , as I recall, shy of $700.

I wish I could find the post where this was commented on.

That's right! I seem to remember them going for less then I had thought

Does anyone have the pricing info and/or grades of the two nice copies that sold on Comic Link (maybe six months ago).

As I recall , they were sold for very reasonable prices.

Don't know about 6 months ago, but I remember that something like a year ago they had one in 7.5? Don't recall the final price as I can't find my notes on that auction :makepoint:

Yeah, it may have been about a year ago. And they had TWO graded copies end about the same time. I seem to remember the 7.5 selling for around $1100, which seemed like a bargain.

The other , slightly lesser copy, maybe a 6.5 sold , as I recall, shy of $700.

I wish I could find the post where this was commented on.

That's right! I seem to remember them going for less then I had thought

Found the thread (thumbs u

DUH....I couldn't find it. THANKS. I have a number of problems using the SEARCH function.

Since those links are dead...I'll repost them here.

Here are the two copies sold on Comic Link about 1 1/2 years ago.

That link does contain Adamstrange posting his Bethlehem copy of WM 5.

Here is the 5.0 that sold for $502...looks similar to the book for sale @ goldust comics site. (PRICED at $950 , which is about what it should be I imagine)

(bye the way, I'm not certain it's the same book, but it looks similar GOLDUST'S WM 5 for sale )

RAD094292007222_102954.jpg

Here is the 6.5 that sold for $1005

RAD155002007717_162746.jpg

It does look very similar, but I believe they're two different books. The slabbed copy has a "J" in grease pencil in the upper left (the fold of the arm) and Goldust's copy has more wear on the top edge.

It does look very similar, but I believe they're two different books. The slabbed copy has a "J" in grease pencil in the upper left (the fold of the arm) and Goldust's copy has more wear on the top edge.

Andy also lists his copy as having white pages...and he's usually very accurate about that.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Okay I am reviving this thread. I would like to find one of these books if anyone knows of one for sale.

If you have one and don't want to sell, lets see it anyways!! :)

Well....I can tell you that Andy's copy is gone. I was going to finally break down and buy it at the end of last month....but he finally sold it. He told me he had seller's remorse as soon as it left his hands. I had been on the fence about this book...and especially his copy for the past 9 months. When I finally decided to go for it....gone. Lesson learned.

By the way, did anyone notice the copy that was listed in the preview of the last CLink Featured auction? I was chomping at the bit to make a run at that copy...and I would have glady paid 1K for it......however, a few hours before the auction was to begin, the book was pulled. Does anyone know what may have happened? I was thinking the seller may have had second thoughts and decided they couldn't let it go.

By the way, did anyone notice the copy that was listed in the preview of the last CLink Featured auction? I was chomping at the bit to make a run at that copy...and I would have glady paid 1K for it......however, a few hours before the auction was to begin, the book was pulled. Does anyone know what may have happened? I was thinking the seller may have had second thoughts and decided they couldn't let it go.

It was my comic. Clink picked it up at Wizard Chicago and the holder got damaged in shipping. I decided to pull the comic and have it sent to CGC to get examined and re-holdered.

weirdmys5.jpg

It came back the same grade and is now on ebay.

Weird Mys #5 CGC 6.0

As you can tell from the listed price I'm in no hurry to sell.

It was my comic. Clink picked it up at Wizard Chicago and the holder got damaged in shipping. I decided to pull the comic and have it sent to CGC to get examined and re-holdered.

weirdmys5.jpg

It came back the same grade and is now on ebay.

Weird Mys #5 CGC 6.0

As you can tell from the listed price I'm in no hurry to sell.

Doggone it Mr. Harper...if you weren't such a nice guy, I would definitely be mad at you. I was so psyched when I saw the book in the CLink preview...only to have it pulled hours before bidding was to start. You are a bad, bad man. :baiting:

:insane:

Okay I am reviving this thread. I would like to find one of these books if anyone knows of one for sale.

If you have one and don't want to sell, lets see it anyways!! :)

I own one of the books...reholdered for the new CGC label :shy:

2893755472_abccb54181_b.jpg

Very nice!!!