• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acetate Cover Values?

10 posts in this topic

There are actuall yseveral different types - some are the same size as the original art and some are the black line versions of chromalins which are colroing guides printed on layers of thin acetate.

One thing to remember is that all acetates/plastic art are not printed. I have illustrations doen i nthe 1980's including star trek promotional comic art that was drawn on mylar - likewise some of the special effectart done for Warren comics was drawn on myalr overlays with pasted on word balloons and art and photocollage backgrounds

bets George Hagenauer

Allways looking for an opportunity to show these off! Probably the rarest of the Acetates, as Jack Adler developed this process and only used it on three Comics. The first three issues of DCs of Sinister House of Secret Love.

He used these negatives to Convey large painted covers into the smaller format of the Comic Book Medium. The process was far too expensive so it was dropped after the first three where used.

IMG00143.jpg

scan0128.jpg

scan0127.jpg

Cool! Those are actually the only type I have - I have thousands of those for illustration work, where a large painting was printed onto a smaller surface like a magazine page. At least I think we're talking about the same thing because I can't see your pic through this firewall! ;)

But #2 is one of the best bronze age covers out there for my money so I am guessing they look great!