• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-man 41 1st Rhino

21 posts in this topic

ok newbie here, still learning the grading ropes.

This one look just as nice as the ASM 44 posted , but this book grades lower. Could someone help me out and explain why please.

I believe I felt the grade for the ASM #44 was an 8.0/8.5

IMHO the spine on this ASM #41 had more stresses to the spine,including the upper left corner blunting garnering the 7.5 .Where as the spine had sharper corners and colors presented much nicer on the ASM #44 2c

Small differences to each one,who knows it could go either way with CGC .I mean really we are just doing this for fun anyway,right! (shrug)

ok newbie here, still learning the grading ropes.

This one look just as nice as the ASM 44 posted , but this book grades lower. Could someone help me out and explain why please.

I believe I felt the grade for the ASM #44 was an 8.0/8.5

IMHO the spine on this ASM #41 had more stresses to the spine,including the upper left corner blunting garnering the 7.5 .Where as the spine had sharper corners and colors presented much nicer on the ASM #44 2c

Small differences to each one,who knows it could go either way with CGC .I mean really we are just doing this for fun anyway,right! (shrug)

Thanks Oakman just trying to learn what difference to look for when grading books or looking at buying for myself.

tim

I'd go for a 7.5. The bottom corner also looks a little soft, the colour break on Rhino's shin, what looks like a small stain on the price, some minor stress around the bottom staple and what feels like generally faded colours on the front cover.