• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D$%^ Ebay sellers

39 posts in this topic

So I won a book from a guy late last week. After I paid him I ask to hold off on shipping, as I am planning to bid on a few more auctions and would like to save on shipping. Price for shipping on the first book $9.00 anything after is $14.00 for however many books. I won 3 more afterwards. I then contact him and ask that he just put the additional $5.00 shipping charge on the total (9+5=14 right?) So I go to ebay, and as I am sure you already guessed $14.00 shipping for the 3 books.

So 4 books will cost me $23.00 to ship now. :P .. Why state you will combine shipping, if you wont. Now if I do not receive 2 seperate packages what should I do?

Wait Pat, I'm missing something in this.

Did the seller respond the first time when you told him to hold off as you were working towards combined shipping? I didn't see that in your writeup.

If he/she did, then came back and whacked you with a larger shipping charge, then that is their problem to work out, not yours.

Where's MuscleShark when you need someone to calmly work these things out?

Wait Pat, I'm missing something in this.

Did the seller respond the first time when you told him to hold off as you were working towards combined shipping? I didn't see that in your writeup.

If he/she did, then came back and whacked you with a larger shipping charge, then that is their problem to work out, not yours.

Where's MuscleShark when you need someone to calmly work these things out?

He didnt answer the first message. He didnt answer the second either, but he sent the invoice yesterday. I will deal with it I guess unless I get all 4 books in one box, then I guess I will have to message ebay and file a dispute.

Kind of irritated. I dont see why you wouldnt respond to messages, or listen to a buyers request..

think again please

unless the seller combined all 4 books on one invoice

Well I'll be damned.

Could have sworn the % was the same.

Thanks Dopy. ;)

2 seperate invoices.

If he charged me $9.00 on one it should have been $5.00 on the second.

And your fees are the same % regardless of how many times the same $14.00 is split up.

think again please

unless the seller combined all 4 books on one invoice

Well I'll be damned.

Could have sworn the % was the same.

Thanks Dopy. ;)

PayPal charges the seller a percentage of the payment amount PLUS a set fee per payment received.

Granted, I think the set fee is only 30 cents per transaction, but I suppose it could add up if several buyers were making several separate payments. I don't know who the seller is or what kind of volume he's dealing with.

That stinks, Pat. I normally make shipping arranges with the ebay seller prior to ever bidding on their auctions. If I don't hear back from them, I don't bid. I hate single comic auctions on ebay and found that I spend so much more per book then I originally intended.

I refuse to get ripped by ebay sellers. If he wants to charge $9 for book #4 tell him to take a hike. :sumo:

Check is in the mail ;)

I agree here. First off $ 9.00 to ship one book is too high, even if its in a U-Line Kraft box mailer (57cents) + postage. I can fit about ten books in one and go anywhere media for under $5.00 in the USA. To charge what he wants for four books is a total rip off. Tell him to adjust the shipping or take Counts advice. i cant stand sellers who juice up the shipping to line their pockets. Good luck. (thumbs u

DRX

I refuse to get ripped by ebay sellers. If he wants to charge $9 for book #4 tell him to take a hike. :sumo:

Check is in the mail ;)

I agree here. First off $ 9.00 to ship one book is too high, even if its in a U-Line Kraft box mailer (57cents) + postage. I can fit about ten books in one and go anywhere media for under $5.00 in the USA. To charge what he wants for four books is a total rip off. Tell him to adjust the shipping or take Counts advice. i cant stand sellers who juice up the shipping to line their pockets. Good luck. (thumbs u

DRX

4 slabs (thumbs u

But I agree. $23.00 would be waaaay more then it should actually cost to ship. Even 2 seperate flat rate boxes will be cheaper, though not by much. But I guess I will have to wait and see.

Combined shipping is combined shipping regardless of paypal fees or general hassle. A seller shouldn't change the terms of a deal that are plainly stated in the auction text. Anyone who offers combined shipping will understand that auctions don't end at exactly the same time and buyers will hopefully buy more because they are dollar cost averaging the shipping.

Tell him politely in an email and if he doesn't refund the difference give him a neutral and a poor rating for shipping. This is exactly the reason Ebay took away the seller's right to give negs. and created the detailed star rating feedback

But I agree. $23.00 would be waaaay more then it should actually cost to ship. Even 2 seperate flat rate boxes will be cheaper, though not by much. But I guess I will have to wait and see.

Pat, it's BS! I hate when a seller makes money like that.

I won a book last year for a fantastic price - Astonishing Tales 25 CGC 9.4 for $100. The seller was so mad, he sends me the invoice, but marks insurance for $16. I wanted to reach through the computer sceen and Muscleshark the guy.