• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st app. Walking Dead

50 posts in this topic

The Image First comic was published in 2005, issue 1 of The Walking Dead published in October 2003. As far as I know there isn't a book that pre-dates the first issue of TWD.

EvilAsh is the guru on this book and could probably confirm or correct my statement above.

The Image First comic was published in 2005, issue 1 of The Walking Dead published in October 2003. As far as I know there isn't a book that pre-dates the first issue of TWD.

This is correct (thumbs u

Nevermind.... :sorry:

Go WD!! :banana:

So what is the first appearance of zombies in comics? In pulps? In any form of publication, art, or film?

Now THAT is a tough question. hm

Isn't Jesus technically a zombie? He just doesn't want to eat brains...

Umm...no.

First Zombie in any popular media was the movie "White Zombie" with Bela Lugosi in 1932.

As for a comic, I am not sure, but certainly pre-code horror at the latest.

Zombies as they appear these days, brain eating rotting things that overwhelm people in sheer numbers I would say 1st appeared in comics in Deadworld #1

Zombies as they appear these days, brain eating rotting things that overwhelm people in sheer numbers I would say 1st appeared in comics in Deadworld #1

In comics I tend to agree, in films they were in this mode from the first Romero film.

C

Now that I think about it, House of Secrets #131 has a story by Suydam in which the Zombies are very modern style rotting things. I don't have the issue anymore, but It may be the result of an infection, which is also a modern zombie idea. That came out in 1975

I was having a conversation about zombies with some coworkers (the topic comes up surprisingly often!) and we were unsuccessfully trying to figure out what popularized the idea of zombies eating "brains." It wasn't the Romero movies as those zombies just wanted to eat people. Anyone have any idea where this started? Or was it possibly just a misperception by the public based off having to shoot zombies in the brains to kill them? Anyone know?

-Bob