• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need major help...and I new to all of this!

25 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and am a "newbie" to this comic book collecting. My husband just found out all his comics from childhood were saved! And we want to to sell them (over 1,000 easy). But know nothing of this grading thing. All his comics are form early 1970's. When I sell I want to make sure I am representing them right. I am reading the overstreet, and its SOOOO hard to determine. Any info would be great!

:pullhair:

Thanks,

Mary

My husband collected EVERYTHING! Batman, spiderman, x-men, hulk..avengers defenders etc. Plus some off the wall titles. Again I am still learning..We got regular size, giant size..see this means nothing to me, but to him it makes sense...lol. But he gives me the job the sell....I appreciate all your support...and of course when I figure out what the heck I am doing I will of course sell if you are looking for something I have.

Again thanks! I felt like I was invading your space....

Mary

Mary,

This is just as much your space as it is ours. All of us were new at this at some point. There are lots of helpful and knowledgeable people here, feel free to ask questions.

Welcome to the boards!

And bring on the Sharks! :grin:

Hi,

I am new to this forum, and am a "newbie" to this comic book collecting. My husband just found out all his comics from childhood were saved! And we want to to sell them (over 1,000 easy). But know nothing of this grading thing. All his comics are form early 1970's. When I sell I want to make sure I am representing them right. I am reading the overstreet, and its SOOOO hard to determine. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Mary

Excuse me Miss, but you are in my space.

:jokealert:

Hi,

Thanks,

Mary

Please post whatever is a OSPG? I did not...buy anything or post to buy...lol I am a newbie.

I am married with kids, and my husband g-pa died and we found all his comic books....just trying to get ahead in this aweful economey. I wil post a pic give me a min to get them on photo bucket.

Hi Mary:

I was just curious why you first stated that these were your husband's comics from his childhood, and then stated that your husband's grandfather died and you found all of his comics?

Mike

Ug Again...

I am no typist.... (I am not a comic collector, so I type and go and do not re-read.)My Husbands grandfather dies. His sister calls after cleaning the house/estate .Guess what we have all your old comics. Oh really......

:frustrated: Now as the wife I want them out of here. BUT..maybe I can make money...THATS ME! GREAT TO MEET YOU silverrich, I am surprised you have not been all over my other threads like everyone else!