• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My inherited Comic book list A-L

143 posts in this topic

Wow, this is like someone coming onto the forum asking questions about The Dentist. Next thing you know, someone jumps in and asks "where does he live - what are the name of the attack dogs - what is the combination to his safe."

lol

Although in this case, it would be "How can I scale that baby fence to the right of the screen so I can jump into the pile of comics?"

Who is this Dentist person you speak of?

:jokealert:

Ironfist14front.jpg

SOrry for the glare, and I am going as fast as I can....trying to get kids in bed.

And all u PM'ers I will get you...PLEASE have patience.

Wow, thats a lot nicer than I thought it would be. I now think you can get atleast $80and probably more for it, especially since the major flaws can be removed by pressing.

Mary, no worries on my end. The only concern is if this particular thread turns into a selling thread where people are making offers to buy your books, etc. It's not that we don't buy and sell and trade TONS of books here because we do! It's just we try to be particular about WHERE on the boards we conduct these transactions--makes keeping track of it all a LOT easier. As I'm sure you've seen in your short time here--this place generates a lot of traffic and people are almost always interested in buying some good books.

So, it's pretty much ok to ask about the value of some books, etc, but where it gets iffy is when you provide a list of book, fish for offers, etc. I'm not saying you're doing that, but I'm also sure you can see where it could go that way.

Otherwise, welcome to the boards. :hi: I don't recall the complete backstory here, but if you are looking to sell, you can try either here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=80&PHPSESSID=

or

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&PHPSESSID=

Mac,

I told her the rules and right now she's just trying to get a feel for what might have some better than average value. She knows that she will have to start a sales thread when she is ready and I have suggested that she announce on here that she is not taking PM offers for sales.

I hear you though.....it reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxw1EFcm3vw

I am not accepting any offers for books. When I am ready I will start a selling thread.

I am posting my collection for help, as to see whats worth a scan and a thread to sell. I of course will sell whatever is worth something to all members here, instead of ebay, because you all have be so nice.

So again, i am not selling yet, just looking for advice...

Once I get a scanner, I will make a post on the selling forum.

I will hopefully post the rest 2marrow, but I have to work all weekend.

THANKS for all your help.

Mary

Oh I hear you... but I figure she hasn't enjoyed the same welcome you received, lol , so any friendly pointers to help avoid that I figured would be welcome ;)

Amen!

Come to think of it this is very reminiscent of your intro: Zomg i got these books from [insert relative] , woe is me , I know nothing, need to sell! Maybe in 4 months maryjisback will be grading/selling 500$+ books and identifying 'undergraded' slabs. :devil::baiting:

Oh I hear you... but I figure she hasn't enjoyed the same welcome you received, lol , so any friendly pointers to help avoid that I figured would be welcome ;)

Amen!

Come to think of it this is very reminiscent of your intro: Zomg i got these books from [insert relative] , woe is me , I know nothing, need to sell! Maybe in 4 months maryjisback will be grading/selling 500$+ books and identifying 'undergraded' slabs. :devil::baiting:

Your story gets better each time you tell it dude. I got the books from my UNCLE. I know youre a little slow, so I'll help you out there. Never said I know nothing, said I wasn't sure how to go about grading/selling/etc the books, and that I hadn't done any real collecting since I was a kid with my Star Wars collection. As for what I am able to do now, well, I guess I am a multi-tasker and can learn quickly. How about that?

Now go away. Everyone likes me. :headbang:

If I offended you I apologize, I just felt as you were not happy, and thought I was Lying about work... I have gotten SO MUCH chit, people not believing me in such...

THE STRESS!!! I am not mean, I am fair, and I know nothing of comics, except watching the Big Bang Thereoy. lol some of you remind me of Lenord if u watch the series.

Shark...sorry.

Mary

You bully. You made lil Sharky cry. lol

:cry::cry::cry:

I seriously don't want to be an instigator here but does anyone else find it odd that Matt comes here to sell inherited books then he tries to see a third party book and now he knows this poster. While this poster is new to comics, "her" language sure is not new to board talk, "tho" and "u" or gremlin usage. Things that make you go hm