• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouse Guard Appreciation Thread

165 posts in this topic

Looks like someone scored a Mouse Guard Comixpress. Who might that someone be? That someone just so happens to be me. :luhv:

I have been looking for a copy for a while and didn't expect to find one anytime soon but when I saw the BIN on it I couldn't resist. Someone had placed a bid but since it had a reserve it didn't kill the BIN. What do you guys think of the price? It seems cheap to me but I am not going to argue. Even if it isn't the greatest condition I am just glad to have a copy. I can't wait to get it. I'll share pictures when it arrives. :)

Looks like someone scored a Mouse Guard Comixpress. Who might that someone be? That someone just so happens to be me. :luhv:

I have been looking for a copy for a while and didn't expect to find one anytime soon but when I saw the BIN on it I couldn't resist. Someone had placed a bid but since it had a reserve it didn't kill the BIN. What do you guys think of the price? It seems cheap to me but I am not going to argue. Even if it isn't the greatest condition I am just glad to have a copy. I can't wait to get it. I'll share pictures when it arrives. :)

Nice pickup at a great price. These are almost impossible to find.

The Comixpress arrived today. I am very pleased with it. It's no NM by any means but I don't care. To me these books were made to be previewed and enjoyed. Not collected. I thought I would take pictures of it with my other grail. My Dead@17 Fiasco Comics. Now to find a copy of my final grail, Thorn: Tales from the Lantern, and I will have the trifecta of my favorite comics. :)

comicgrails.jpg

comicgrailsback.jpg

:applause: Congrats on picking up a very rare book my friend (thumbs u I don't think the seller know what he really had "$$$$" letting it go for that cheap is pure :insane: if you ask me lol for sure even me, if I'd would have known about the auction ! I'd would have pick it up real fast ;) Congrats again & welcome to the club :golfclap:

IMG_1203.jpg

Now here is a cool Mouse Guard book. The Mouse Guard sketchbook from 2004. The seller says that David emailed him the following about the book.

"WOW! You have something pretty rare there! That sketchbook is so rare, in-fact, that I have not yet publicly acknowledged it's

existence. The sketchbook I tend to call the 'first' is the 2006

sketchbook I released after the first issue of Mouse Guard was

self-published in May of 2005. What you have is something I put

together for a convention in October of 2004 to drum up interest in

Mouse Guard before I was to draw a self published an issue. They were

printed on my home printer and I printed a total of 4-7 of them."

David did a blogpost on the sketchbook after it came out of the woodwork and included pictures of all of the artwork included in the 2004 sketchbook.

t2ec16rzue9s38herbrjr9s.jpg

Wooot! Only the second copy of that book I've ever seen - there was a dealer at ECCC who had managed to dig one up too.

Congrats on the sweet find - if you're ever in the market to sell, I very much expect a PM :wishluck:

Dig the $4 price tag! I might have to seriously consider a Comixpress! For such a new comic, and not a very seemingly marketable one, Mouse Guard has sure generated a lot of buzz. Seriously, how many successful comic characters have actually been mice? ??? ( :baiting: Mickey Mouse)

Mighty-mouse.jpg