• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Wonder What COnrad Eschenberg Thought when he first saw this book?

77 posts in this topic

:tonofbricks:

Wild guess.

It's an AF 15

It says 9.4

$15,275

It has 3 holes blasted through the cover .. I would alsoassume this just MIGHT affect the story..

An EP 9.2 got $22,705. :sick:

Well, at least that one was complete. Could you imagine trying to get this fixed. May as well get a coverless copy and have the covers fixed.

Either way this book is in a sad place.

This would be an easy book to fix for some people, and would probably grade out at apparent 9.4 or higher once the work was done.

Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw this book, Scott. SA book..only 8 wraps and 1 cover to Leaf Cast. Minimal CT and poof, a complete book. Since the book is in such HG condition to start with, it certainly would have a shot at upper the 9's.

Would it then get a Moderate or Extensive (P) notation?

I think 20k is insane for something with binder holes (shrug) I wouldn't pay more than the price for a 2.5 copy.

I think of it this way - would I rather have this book, or a "regular" G+ 2.5? A 2.5 is a nasty looking book. This is a superb book with clean binder holes. I would take this over a 5.0 and maybe even over a 6.0, and as between this book and a 2.5, I would not even hesitate.

Why in gods name is that book qualified and not a low grade..

That's what I was thinking. doh!

To me this is exactly the kind of damage the qualified grade was created for:

"Three holes punched through entire book otherwise NM in every way."

I think 20k is insane for something with binder holes (shrug) I wouldn't pay more than the price for a 2.5 copy.

I think of it this way - would I rather have this book, or a "regular" G+ 2.5? A 2.5 is a nasty looking book. This is a superb book with clean binder holes. I would take this over a 5.0 and maybe even over a 6.0, and as between this book and a 2.5, I would not even hesitate.

well maybe I am in the minority but I would be indifferent between the g+ and this copy. It has BINDER HOLES people. To me that's about as serious a defect as you can get.

well maybe I am in the minority but I would be indifferent between the g+ and this copy. It has BINDER HOLES people. To me that's about as serious a defect as you can get.

At least the cover isn't a photocopy. (shrug)

At least the cover isn't a photocopy. (shrug)

I wonder what the grade would be if a photocopy cover was put over a regular 2.5.

hm

This book, binder holes and all, looks more like a book coming off the presses than the average 2.5. Some people value that overall look more than they count off for the specific defects. Different categories of defects bother different people, differently. YMMV etc.

This book, binder holes and all, looks more like a book coming off the presses than the average 2.5. Some people value that overall look more than they count off for the specific defects. Different categories of defects bother different people, differently. YMMV etc.

I agree. Also you can crack the book out and put it in a binder to read if you want. No harm done!

(thumbs u

people like big numbers

lol True Dat!!

But People should expect consistency and clarity of grades. This item raises some serious questions. (tsk)

I wonder if any old worthless drek of a book would garner the same qualified grade with three holes in it! WTF??? meh

The same book would be a 3.5 if it were not an AF 15

There is a Tales of Suspense #39 with the same defect (three-ring binder holes) that also got a higher grade and a green label.

TOS #1 :whistle:

I'm with you....remove all the defects and I have lots of sweet NM books!

Hole punches bother me I came across a bunch of Amazing Spider-man's in the 20-35 numbers and I didn't get any because of this. I think 5 to 10 thousand range. I would rather have a 5.5 to 6.0 Blue then a 9.4 book with a 100 little hole all over the book.

As FFB would call a Date Stamp "Ruined". I will call this the un disputed king of "Ruined".... I'd take a 4.0 Blue Label in a NY minute over this book...

I was joking when I said that books with date stamps are "ruined." Date stamps don't bother me.

As FFB would call a Date Stamp "Ruined". I will call this the un disputed king of "Ruined".... I'd take a 4.0 Blue Label in a NY minute over this book...

absolutely. I wouldn't even have to think about it.

And thats why this hobby is great.

Where some people see a pos book with holes punched in it , others see a HG book with a set of acceptable flaws.

I personally would rather have the binder copy over a similarly grade dog eared, chipped up copy because while the holes are distracting, the right edge trumps them because of how unearthly perfect it is.

I'd take this book over a chipped, beat up copy any day. You can fill those holes in and have a book that look like it's worth $200K for peanuts on the dollar.

people like big numbers

lol True Dat!!

But People should expect consistency and clarity of grades. This item raises some serious questions. (tsk)

I wonder if any old worthless drek of a book would garner the same qualified grade with three holes in it! WTF??? meh

The same book would be a 3.5 if it were not an AF 15

Damnn right brother!!! ANY other book..9.4? You serious?

I have seen other books with the 3 hole punches in them in green labels.