• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just completed another Silver DC set

52 posts in this topic

I need Jerry Lewis #117 and I have never even seen a nice copy.

As for the Superman books I knew Diana was not on the covers but being a completest I am going to have to get nice copies of those as well!

I need Jerry Lewis #117 and I have never even seen a nice copy.

As for the Superman books I knew Diana was not on the covers but being a completest I am going to have to get nice copies of those as well!

Dagnabbit. I need that Jerry L issue also. Didn't realize she was in that one. I have the ones with Batman, Flash and Superman.

It get's worse...Actually these are among my fave Superman stories. Superman #240 I-Ching visits Clark Kent and introduces himself. Wonder Woman actually just Diana prince at this time appears in Superman 241 and wraps up the year long Superman Sandman saga with issue #242. I-Ching helps Superman get rid of the entity that is robbing him of his Super-Powers. A story line that begins in the ultimate Superman classic issue #233. If you love the Diana Prince new Wonder Woman that ran for about 2 years...you gotta get these Superman issues. But you'll want the entire set from #233 to 242 to get the entire story. To this day one of the all time great Supey Classics that kicked off the Bronz-Age.

Thanks for letting me know (I think). It was an era that always intrigued me and I have fun, for the most part, trying to get the run. I knew of the Brave and the Bold issues; the Giant sized #5; the World's Finest; the Justice League; the Lois Lane cover; and the Jerry Lewis book as appearances but I had no idea about the Superman books. I was doing pretty well only needing one B&B; the Jerry Lewis book (which is extremely difficult to find) and a better copy of the Lois Lane book from the 'extra titles'. Within the Wonder Woman set I am only missing 4 but they are a hard four to track down! I have only seen one #178 in 9.4 or better come on sale in the last year and I missed it.

I was surprised to find when I got a run of the Sekowsky Supergirl in Adventure Comics, that he had Diana Prince make an unannounced guest appearance in his (Sekowsky's) first issue #397. As I recall, it is more than just a cameo, certainly as significant as the Superman issues.

67251.jpg

Finally scored a so so copy of the final issue of DoDo and the Frog #92. Overstreet lists as scarce. This makes my 49th complete DC Silver-Age run. I have about 21 other SA DC runs I'm working on that need anywhere from 1 to 5 issues to complete. That leaves another 45 SA DC runs that I need more than 5 books each to complete.

How many of you are approaching filling the final gaps to complete some nice Silver-Age runs. Condition is not the issue here. It's a complete collection that your content with whether it's low or HG.

Not neccessarily #1 up of a run. Any run that begins Sep 1956 and goes no later than Dec, 1969 for myself. Action Comics SA run is 221-383. If you believe the SA should go to a month in 1970 or '71. Then make that your SA run target. Not getting into a debate about where the SA ends.

So how many books do you need to complete a set?

The final issue of Dodo (Dunbar) and theFrog (Fenimore).

DodoFrog92.jpg

(thumbs u :applause:

Great job!!

Andy

Congo Bill, I only have the first issue.

I'd love to complete that series in Fine or better but I realize that's about as likely as Jennifer Connelly showing up at my door.

Congo Bill, I only have the first issue.

I'd love to complete that series in Fine or better but I realize that's about as likely as Jennifer Connelly showing up at my door.

:roflmao: That's a good one Jeffro. And she is fine or better. eh?

Just completed 2 more DC silver-age runs this past week. I now have 51 complete Silver-age title runs. Just got the final Flash I needed. #112...and a decent copy at a decent price. Now I have every Flash from 105 all the way to the last #350. So that's Silver, Bronze and Copper.

And the final issue of TV Screen Comics #138. Thanks to Shiverbones for steering me to the seller. This was just a short 10 issue run with numbering taking over after Real Screen Comics #128. TV Screen Comics #129 - 138.

I'll post pics soon.

Finally scored a so so copy of the final issue of DoDo and the Frog #92. Overstreet lists as scarce. This makes my 49th complete DC Silver-Age run. I have about 21 other SA DC runs I'm working on that need anywhere from 1 to 5 issues to complete. That leaves another 45 SA DC runs that I need more than 5 books each to complete.

How many of you are approaching filling the final gaps to complete some nice Silver-Age runs. Condition is not the issue here. It's a complete collection that your content with whether it's low or HG.

Not neccessarily #1 up of a run. Any run that begins Sep 1956 and goes no later than Dec, 1969 for myself. Action Comics SA run is 221-383. If you believe the SA should go to a month in 1970 or '71. Then make that your SA run target. Not getting into a debate about where the SA ends.

So how many books do you need to complete a set?

The final issue of Dodo (Dunbar) and theFrog (Fenimore).

DodoFrog92.jpg

cool book...my son and I collected Funny Stuff 1-79, but stopped at the end of the GA, before the title changed to Dodo and the frog... but, I know issues 80-92 are harder to get (early silver age)