• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT is Seth McFarlane a Sociopath?

31 posts in this topic

I have always enjoyed Family Guy and to a lesser extent American Dad, but what the frak is with all of the cat mutliation?!?

I really hate when I have to stop watching something because it is so offensive.

Am I alone on this?

Randy

GUess you never saw that commercial for their show where they had Quag Mire rape Marge Simpson, then killed the whole simpsons family.

lol i must have missed that one too. Yeah with family guy really takes the whole 'its either all ok or none of it is' stance that south park and most other shows take. Funny usually but the shock stuff gets awkward sometimes. But gotta say I love these cartoons, robot chicken included.

Saw it, thought it was funny. Killing or whatever to other cartoon characters is one thing, but the animal thing is pretty upsetting.

I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I think there is a difference.

Randy

Saw it, thought it was funny. Killing or whatever to other cartoon characters is one thing, but the animal thing is pretty upsetting.

Randy

Yeah I hate to say, but I disagree. It's all animated.

But really, that's nothing compared to other cartoons, specially south park.

But also, I preffer Simpsons and South Park over family guy anyday, some episodes are good though.

Randy

So, killing a human cartoon character is not as offending as killing an animal cartoon character?

Randy

So, killing a human cartoon character is not as offending as killing an animal cartoon character?

I remember "New Brian" being taken out in a trash bag (with blood trailing) by Stewie after being told how his favorite toy (Rupert) was going to be molested. :applause:

I know it sounds kind of crazy

Actually, that sounds a lot past crazy. :screwy:

I watched that episode with both my cat AND my dog...and neither one seemed even remotely fazed by any of it.

In fact the cat just gave this ..eh...kind of look, as if to say, "They could have done worse."

Rolled over, poked the dog and went back to sleep.

So my rule of thumb...if the animal mutilation in offensive cartoons where people are raped, babies are dumped and cripples are crapped on is okay with my household pets...then frak it, I'm okay with it too :thumbsup:

Even if McFarlane is a sociopath. Albiet the richest sociopath, but one nonetheless.

Hasn't this show had a history of offing animated animals? They did a spoof of Bugs Bunny being shot by Elmer Fudd, then Elmer broke his neck too. Then there was the new Brain episode, the whole Quagmire raping Marge then killing her whole family...I mean really it doesn't even phase me anymore.

I have always enjoyed Family Guy and to a lesser extent American Dad, but what the frak is with all of the cat mutliation?!?

I really hate when I have to stop watching something because it is so offensive.

Am I alone on this?

Randy

He is an equal opportunity destroyer. I don't see him picking on cats anymore than anyone or anything else. I'm a little shocked that if you regularly watch the program that you'd be offended by anything found on it. The show is offensive on some level to someone at all times.

IMHO, the most offensive part of the show is the pedophile old man who is obsessed with Chris...pretty awful, even for this show!

Hi, maybe I have lost my mind doh!

I guess I look at all of these characters as just cartoon characters, but the way they generally portray these cats is as just normal cats (they don't talk, or have evil agendas) and to see them slice them up with a razor is a bit much.

Anyways, I really thought with all of the posts I have seen about people and their pets (and the sincere feelings of loss if something happened to them that I read into the posts), made me think that there would be some like fellings on these boards. But I guess if everyone just sees them as funny cartoon characters then it isn't a big deal.

Back to the funny books

Randy

I remember "New Brian" being taken out in a trash bag (with blood trailing) by Stewie after being told how his favorite toy (Rupert) was going to be molested. :applause:

Correction: "New" Brian was describing to Stewie how he already HAD molested Rupert.

(thumbs u

-slym (loves the show Family Guy)

Hasn't this show had a history of offing animated animals? They did a spoof of Bugs Bunny being shot by Elmer Fudd, then Elmer broke his neck too. Then there was the new Brain episode, the whole Quagmire raping Marge then killing her whole family...I mean really it doesn't even phase me anymore.
I loved that part, Elmer finally getting to kill ol Bugsy. lol

Speaking of Elmer, I frickin loved the Rap Battle in Robot Chicken. Elmer getting owned by Bugs. :roflmao:

I watched that episode with both my cat AND my dog...and neither one seemed even remotely fazed by any of it.

In fact the cat just gave this ..eh...kind of look, as if to say, "They could have done worse."

Rolled over, poked the dog and went back to sleep.

So my rule of thumb...if the animal mutilation in offensive cartoons where people are raped, babies are dumped and cripples are crapped on is okay with my household pets...then frak it, I'm okay with it too :thumbsup:

+1 :applause:

-slym